Supercoat

poppii

Hi Poppii,

Lots of breeders use the Supercoat Puppy. My boy still enjoys his brekky of supercoat, puppy milk, and bread. It's the one meal he wolfs down every time :thumbsup: Of the supermarket brands it's one of the better ones.

cheers,

Corine

We feed Supercoat to our 4 oldest dogs and find it to be great for them. They have shiny coats, good poo's, no itchy skin (even the Shih Tzu who has skin problems has good skin now).

For a 'supermarket' food, I'd have to agree with it being one of the best.

I feed Eagle Pack, but my second pick is Supercoat - I rank it higher than Eukanuba and Hills Science Diet, not for any other reason than my dogs do well (and look great) on it compared to the others. :thumbsup:

i use Supercoat 3 different ones for 3 different dogs

Georgia is on puppy although she is an adult as it has extra fat calcium & protein

Boubie on sensitive due to him having issues with skin etc

&

Sammy on adult + cause he is older

made a huge difference when i changed to it

Guest LittlePixie

According to general dog food brand rank, Supercoat is middle of the range.

As far as I'm concerned though the only decent way to rank food (aside from those hideous ones with more colouring and preservatives in them than actual food) is to see how well your dog does on it!

Tilly for example loses condition if I put her on Eukanuba - any variety of it. She does better on Supercoat than she does on Eukanuba (even though Eukanuba is a better brand), but the best I've seen her is on Nutrience, so that's what she gets.

If your dogs do well on what you feed, you've tried other brands and they don't do as well - then that's all the confirmation you need that you're doing the right thing by them.

For the puppy, if the breeder recommended it, feeds it themselves and isn't just a BYB, then I'd stick with that for now unless the puppy is doing really poorly on it. If you want to try other brands wait until the dog is fully grown, and then slowly switch her onto others to see how she does.

I am currently feeding all my lot on supercoat, I have feed everthing from science diet to bonnie , I think super coat is great. My pups are on supercoat special care puppy growth , they also get meat, brisket bones and lamb necks. My adults get supercoat large breed and have had no problems what so ever. :thumbsup:

My two have always been fed supercoat, and I usually add a variety of raw food, like chicken, eggs, sardines, and potato every now and then. They both have lovely shiny coats, and are in top condition. :thumbsup:

I have, yrs ago, fed supercoat and the dogs did OK on it. I currently feed Advance and find this works best for the dogs I currently have - have never had success with Hills or Eukanouba (including Iams) though know other people who swear by them. Over the years I have tried different brands - Premium/super premium etc means nothing if your dog doesn't do well on it. One of the best brands I've used is Precise but it is no longer imported into Australia and was difficult to get hold of even when imported as mail order only.

Oh and I have always fed a mix of dry and raw meat bones.

Edited by Mags

Dublin and Mabel (ckcs) are on Supercoat. Dublin has beenon it since puppyhood (recommended by breeder). The vet always remarks about what great condition my dogs are in and how shiny their coats are. They also get lamb bones regularly.

My pup has been on Supercoat since day 1, she is doing well, but I noticed she does drink alot and poop alot, ie about 5 times a day. Even tho his poops are firm and normal, I just wonder whether it is the dog food that make him poop so much.

edited for spell check

Edited by poppii

I have two on Supercoat and one on Eagle Pack. I wish I could afford to have them all on Eagle Pack but I can't so I have found Supercoat to be the best of the cheaper brands - at least for my dogs.

I do also feed tuna, bones, carrots, red meat, etc, as well so they don't just get the dry food.