Supercoat

poppii

mine won't touch supercoat. Have just done the Purina 30 day challenge (free food for a month, it's on their website) and they have done very well on it and like the taste but I also feed brisket, wings, carrots, 4 legs, rice and some Nature's Gift tins etc so not entirely dry food. Not too impressed with Iams, Eukanuba or Hills but they have the Hills teeth cleaning biscuits and like them.

I'd keep feeding the puppy what it's used to if you get good results.

I have tried nearly all brands of dry food as i work at a pet supplies.......the most outstanding results on my dogs ( coat health, general bloom ) came with feeding Advance Puppy growth combined with chicken necks and with a little red meat thrown in a couple of times a week , this is fed to adults and youngsters......even the most fussiest dogs are eating well now........ :laugh:

The worst results were with Supercoat & Purina....

Supercoat .... after 6 mths of use had left the coats with a dry feel, and the dogs hardly ever cleaned up a meal .

Purina .... the dogs ate it for a couple of weeks and then refused to eat it at all.....

Linda

my lab was fed supercoat puppy and it was fantastic but he went off it after a few months, and the breeders dogs also went off it about teh same time, wether tehy changed teh recipe or not, but I think that was more because he started getting bones and yummy food and got spoilt!

mine won't touch supercoat. Have just done the Purina 30 day challenge (free food for a month, it's on their website) and they have done very well on it and like the taste but I also feed brisket, wings, carrots, 4 legs, rice and some Nature's Gift tins etc so not entirely dry food. Not too impressed with Iams, Eukanuba or Hills but they have the Hills teeth cleaning biscuits and like them.

I'd keep feeding the puppy what it's used to if you get good results.

you got the free food for a month? it says only the first lot of dog food or cat food you buy they will refund.. :laugh:

I looked at the Purina One 30 Day Challenge and my understanding was that you only get reimbursed for one 1.5kg bag of food. That may last a month with a small breed but would last my dog only a few days.

I did the 30 day challenge for both my dogs and cats.....they actually sent me out a bag of food for each....when I filled out the report I told them that as I have 5 dogs and 3 cats there was not enough to do it for a month.

Used the dog food as treats instead at training.... :rolleyes:

I used to feed my pups on Bonnie headstart, but they stopped that and replaced it with Bonnie puppy.....crap, crap and crap....my youngsters didnt like it...(and as I have labs thats a big call for a lab to refuse any food... :confused: )

I then switched to Supercoat puppy and I find it works well. But in saying that I have not tried any other puppy foods yet.

For my adult dogs I feed Bonnie Complete. People often comment about the nice shiny coats my dogs have. It works for me.

I do not or will not feed eukanaba (too overpriced for starters and have seen quite a few dogs with skin complaints) or hills science diet (I was once told that one of the special ingredients in hills was crushed dog bones from the rspca...and not beef bones either !!)

Superoat has always worked for me. My late rottie was on it and ive never seen a rottie around here as good lookin as he was, he coat was so shiney, and he was vewry very healthy!

Today i went to my pet supply store and brought a bag of supercoat sensitive for my older dane as were havin very bad skin probs at the moment....

Anyone have experiance with supercoat sensitive?

yes use supercoat, find it fantastic. 2 dogs, 2 diff types, no problems with super poos or super drinks/wees.Poo is always firm for pick up :rolleyes: they also have vegies and bones.

i agree with some of the others, its all about how the individual dog responds to it. My dog thrived when he was on supercoat, so im one that will sing its praises.

Also the other thing is the taste factor, you might have the best brand you can get but if the dog refuses it then its not all that healthy anymore is it :rolleyes:

My girl did ok on it, whereas every boy I gave it to didnt....too much poo out, so you have to feed too much of it to keep condition. I started my most recent youngster on Advance Puppy Growth Large breeds. I tell you that food is great. Kept both on it, but now cant afford it, Pedigree breeder formula was also great till it went out of supply due to change of packet. I started on Barko as it was a full 20kg bag and cheaper and what do you know, small poo, not much of it.

Its what works best, trial and error.

In order of preference...

Bonnie

Nutrience

Supercoat

I have always found Supercoat to be a reliable backup for adults and puppies alike. Have also raised a litter on Supercoat and they had no problems with it.

As already stated... if it works for the dog and it works for you, then use it. :rolleyes:

Cheers

:rolleyes: Staffy on supacoat he will only eat this with some boiled chicken.Sometimes will have pumkin a little rice mince meat for a change.HE hates hills and any can dog food l think he is too lazy to chew the larger pieces of dry dog food. He has a short coat but it is beautiful and soft .One vet told me off for giving him vegies and rice and said "his diet is poor and l am amazed he looks so healthy.

He eats rawhide bones for his teeth the vet said they are very clean he wont eat raw bones from butcher l think he is spoiled rotten but l wouldnt have it any other way love him too much.

I am feeding my two dogs supercoat.

Found out that they really poo much and drink a lot of water. and QQ (my german shepherd puppy)is getting skinny. I really want to change to another dog food. Where can I buy like Eagle Pack or Bonnie?