Puppy S O S

*kirty*

Has anyone seen this show? Omg I want to slap the guy!! First of all, they are DOGS not puppies!! Scruffing a dog that you have just met will of course terrify it! There is nothing wrong with having a dog in the bed if you want it there. And there is nothing abnormal about a dog that was bred to be a lap dog wanting to be on your lap!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard about it and seen some short clips. I tried to find actual episodes on YouTube but couldn't find anything. The guy has a website with some very *interesting* advice.

A bit I heard about was something about him meeting a dog for the first time when it was hiding under a bed being confronted by him and obviously a video camera staring at it and he seemed to think it was bad behaviour that it was growling and wouldn't come out :(

Has anyone seen this show? Omg I want to slap the guy!! First of all, they are DOGS not puppies!! Scruffing a dog that you have just met will of course terrify it! There is nothing wrong with having a dog in the bed if you want it there. And there is nothing abnormal about a dog that was bred to be a lap dog wanting to be on your lap!!!

Is it from the UK?

It suxs.

Would never watch it.

:mad

I HATE this guy. It's terrifying that he has a show & people believe the shit he says. He's written books too. I read something online about his explanation of learned helplessness - according to him it can occur if you carry your dog up stairs etc...

How he teaches sit to a dog that has no prior learning - just kneck it till it puts it's bum on the ground.

Edited by Law

It's really weird, those clips don't show the extent of what he does (nothing against you kirty, the last clip shows the lengths he goes to to hide what he does). When I first heard about him and was searching for stuff online I thought it really strange that there was so little to be found. And he has SO much negative feedback. It's creepy, and as Law said, scary that people listen to him.

Here's a link to some "useful" advice on his website:

http://bradpattisondogtraining.com/how-to-tell-your-dog-youre-the-boss/

ETA - note the comment that "some totally household dominant dogs may urinate or defecate during this exercise" (because that's totally how dominant dogs react :eek: ) and "while this training method may sound severe...your dog will love you for it".

Edited by Simply Grand

His show is on foxtel quite a bit. I can't help but watch & then get really angry lol

He's also often a bit of a dick towards the owners, I don't think it's helpful to be rude to people when they're trying to do the right thing.

Some dogs are easier to pin than others. My rules are: never quit, never give up, strive for success and succeed! I recommend you do a minimum of twenty repetitions, however you may need to do more.

Reactions to be aware of when applying this exercise are grumbling, whining, heavy breathing, yipping, shrieking, clawing, thrashing and throwing back the head. What your dog has been able to get away with in the past will be one factor in how your dog responds to this exercise.

:eek:

Edited by Terri S.

heavy breathing, yipping, shrieking, clawing, thrashing and throwing back the head. What your dog has been able to get away with in the past will be one factor in how your dog responds to this exercise.

..what? trying to stay alive???

I attempted to watch an episode when it first came on foxtel.

I was yelling at the TV within a couple of minutes and turned it off.

I wouldn't let the guy near a plushies of a dog let alone a living breathing one...