Start Times At Comps

25 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you prefer a comp to start?

• 8.00am
    • 9.00am
    • 10.00am
  2. 2. Do you prefer a morning or afternoon trial

• Morning
    • Afternoon

Just interested in what time people like comps to start. This is assuming there is no extreme weather forecast, so you aren't trying to get a comp in before super hot weather.

I'm not a fan of early starts personally.

9 am here, getting up before 4 am to make more and more 8.30 am starts is just getting a bit crazy. Especially when you need to be at some of these trials at a sparrows fart to get a close car park or face lugging your gear even further, especially with the number of carparks which are reserved by one person :mad

I liked the idea of the extra runs provided at agility trials originally, but now I think it's going too far - eight masters runs is just too much :eek: I don't think it's good for the dogs either, no way are dogs getting a decent warm up and cool down before each run with that kind of schedule. Some of these big extra entry city trials are getting to be 15 plus hour days for us country triallers, and that's without hanging around for presentations. I really enjoy the old format of 1 ADM 1 JDM AM and PM, and the 8.30 am starts weren't needed.

Will get off my soapbox now :o

Depends on how far I need to travel and how long the day is expect to be. Ideally I like to be home as early as possible but if it is something a good distance away then I don't want too much of an early start as I like my sleep :)

I prefer day trials, 8:30 am starts are fine, I don't do well with very late nights so I like to be able to get home for dinner, or with evening trials I like to be home before midnight! 2 or 3 am finishes don't work well with my schedule!

The start time doesn't really bother me too much, with 11 dogs we tend to aim for being one of the first there to get close parking so we aren't lugging crates too far, or for ringside parking in front of the ring of choice for those that we can operate out of the car for. In all honesty, I couldn't tell you the start times for most comps as we are there well and truly before that anyway.

I like afternoon trials in Summer, I don't cope well with running in the heat and neither do a few of our dogs. Being from Canberra though, it's hard either way during winter. Ice doesn't start melting until about 10am, starts forming again about 6pm so can only safely run the trial between those times.

Just interested in what time people like comps to start. This is assuming there is no extreme weather forecast, so you aren't trying to get a comp in before super hot weather.

I'm not a fan of early starts personally.

As an organiser of events and always first to arrive (6.00 am or sooner) and last to leave, spare a thought for the workers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Early starts are harder if you are travelling a long way as well.

9 is good. 8.30 Ok.

I will rise at 5am but no earlier.

LOVE afternoon trials in summer as i am a night owl