Oops! I Fell Over While Holding My Camera...

tdierikx

I think that the fact that I have chronic nerve pain stemming from my spinal lesion issue might have made me a bit more robust when it comes to other pains?

After I fell over, I spent another 5 hours wandering around Symbio carrying my camera and back pack... then spent all of Sunday doing the same at Featherdale... then 2 days at work doing all the normal things there before I decided to see someone about the fact that it wasn't feeling any better... lol!

Feels so much better this morning now it's back in the right place and taped up for extra stability... feels more like a deep bruise now and has a bit more range of movement before the pulled tendons tell me to take it easy... *grin*

On the upside, going through the photos taken after the fall onto the lens, they actually look better than when I had the filter on... that extra piece of glass is a great saviour when you fall, but it does affect the far end focusing somewhat, especially if you are shooting through angled glass as well as the filter.

T.

The tape on my shoulder has come loose - getting it re-strapped this arvo... and a few other interesting pains coming from deep inside the arm further down have decided to show themselves - do you think I may have cracked something in there? I'll see what the physio says about them after some prodding... still able to use the arm just fine, it just hurts a bit when I make certain movements.

T.

OK... this is what I was greeted by when I arrived at the tiger exhibit first thing in the morning... pre falling over... my babies vying for some attention by being stunningly gorgeous!

Jalur was first...

14377453667_428e829013_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 011 by tdierikx, on Flickr

Then Cinta wasn't going to be outdone by her brother in the "I pose cute" stakes...

14540800886_3805856333_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 017 by tdierikx, on Flickr

Then Jalur decided to be even more gorgeous, if a little close to the fence for my liking... grrr!

14377302629_8feaec8872_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 064 by tdierikx, on Flickr

There are no photos of them rubbing up against the fence and chuffing with me... I was too busy returning the loves and chuffing back, OK?

... and here is what I had to pat prior to falling over... photo taken about 5 mins post fall... I think the lens is working just fine, yes?

14560507681_fa9a1fffb1_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 110 by tdierikx, on Flickr

The kids put on a show during lunch...

14540795456_dc47b1d8ec_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 339 by tdierikx, on Flickr

... and Kato showed that there's life in the old boy yet!

14377445037_e887ae6ea4_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 448 by tdierikx, on Flickr

14562226114_f6d90feaf8_o.jpg28-06-2014-symbio 482 by tdierikx, on Flickr

I can fully attest to the durability of the Canon white lenses now, OK?

T.

The babies get to grow up and then if there are too many for the area they have at Symbio, they go to other zoos/sanctuaries. All are raised pretty tame, so they haven't been hard to place to date... *grin*

T.

I hope your shoulder heals fully, it must have been nasty. Did your insurance company ask if you sell your photos? Some class it as professional then and you might not be covered, even though they'll happily take your money.

I hope your shoulder heals fully, it must have been nasty. Did your insurance company ask if you sell your photos? Some class it as professional then and you might not be covered, even though they'll happily take your money.

Technically I don't sell my photos... I donate them to the parks I visit... and I have annual passes for each of those parks with receipts of purchase. All other perks I get can be put down to being a regular visitor and forming friendships with staff, etc... yes? I'm not an "official" photographer for any of them, just more of an avid fan... *grin*

As for the shoulder, it's coming along nicely, but I had a bit of a worry with a rather nasty pain about mid-humerus yesterday afternoon, so took myself down to the hospital for an x-ray just in case there might have been a crack or whatnot... x-rays showed no breaks, so doctor reckons it's a torn triceps muscle or triceps tendon and says not to do the movements that hurt it... no shit sherlock!

X-rays showed that my physio has done a ripper job of putting my shoulder back into place, and that it should be just fine in a couple of weeks or so. The muscle/tendon problem... a bit longer than that... *sigh*

Nothing is stopping me visiting Symbio and Featherdale again this weekend... lol!

T.

Cinta and Jalur didn't disappoint yesterday... and the lens is still doing it's job just fine. I'm going to name it "Tuffy"... lol!

14575948334_af77ec0554_o.jpg05-07-2014-symbio 453 by tdierikx, on Flickr

14554635076_d8859817b3_o.jpg05-07-2014-symbio 476 by tdierikx, on Flickr

14577711955_613eefb0d0_o.jpg05-07-2014-symbio 511 by tdierikx, on Flickr

14577711365_9b1857db53_o.jpg05-07-2014-symbio 512 by tdierikx, on Flickr

14391105969_5fd8e4a4c2_o.jpg05-07-2014-symbio 515 by tdierikx, on Flickr

T.