Fenzi Dog Sports Academy

Hi all,

I have just signed Zig and I up to do the Sensational Stays course, at silver level so I can get some feedback.

We are still having stay issues - better than he was but not good enough to pass or trail at this point.

I was wondering if anyone else has signed up to do any of the other classes?

Maybe we can share our ups and downs in here as the course forum is limited to gold and silver being able to post.

There were so many I would like to have signed up for but I really do want to just concentrate on his stays and get them right.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a chronic Fenzi-er. :D Have taken many many of their courses in the past. Her building 'relationship through play' course helped me a lot to bond with my dog, and she is the saviour of our heelwork. I looooooove Fenzi.

Thia time round I'm doing K9 Conditioning, Obility, FCI Heeling and Bridging The Gap. All bronze of course. :o

I a only doing the one course this time around - Sensational Stays. I paid for the silver course because I want some feedback on the what they can see, that I am not seeing.. I have tried so many things with his stays and we are still not getting any better.. In fact, I think we are worse than we were a year ago - so hopefully, someone else looking at it, will see what we are doing wrong.

Next time around I want to do the building relationship through play and the heel work one as well..

I'm a Fenzi addict - doing the second part of Bridging the Gap (for the second time - with a different dog) at gold and have also signed up for FCI Heeling at bronze

Its just a shame that work gets in the way of doing more courses rofl1.gif

Great to see others doing the courses..

We have just done the first 4 videos and it is pretty standard stuff.. Zig already knows all of these games, so it was just a bit of fun..

One thing I haven't done before is watching him more closely as we play the game - looking for his response to what I ask.

I am really keen to do the heeling one next time around - once we get these stays working for us.

Another Fenzi addict here. Although you're so right about work getting in the way, Ptolomy. :laugh: This quarter .. Bronze in Stays, FCI Heeling, the continuing Retrieve one, and I had a rush of blood to the head and upgraded to gold in K9 conditioning .. to force me to keep up.

Have you had a look at the games videos yet BB?

You can sit with all of them :)

Zig and I have already done the whole lot about 5 times each (for about a minute each time)..

He has them sorted.

I broke and took Zig to the park today and now I wished I didn't - his toe is bleeding again and will take longer to heal now.

He has had a whole week at home, with only just a little walk here and there (about 5-10 minutes).. I just felt so sorry for him and thought a trip to the park and a nice walk would be fine but we ran into some people we know with a new puppy and he was rolling around, play bowing and being a total dork for the puppy.. He must have bumped it because it bled a lot.

So home, cleaned it up and he is passed out on the lounge now..

I have a new BC boy puppy coming in two days time :thumbsup: so I have enrolled for my first course from there: "empowered puppy raising". Just as a Bronze level to see how I go with online structure and if I actually keep up with it, but if it goes well there are quite a few I am interested in doing :) maybe a play one and a precision heeling one.

Are there facebook groups for Fenzi?

Is it separate groups for the different classes?

I am off to investigate :)

There are a couple of generic ones, and some class specific ones (limited to people enrolled in the particular course) .. not that I'm enabling or anything :laugh:

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

There are a couple of generic ones, and some class specific ones (limited to people enrolled in the particular course) .. not that I'm enabling or anything :laugh:

Tassie are you doing the Kamal course? I have started my baby on heelwork using this method, so it will be interesting to see how she turns out compared to the others. I am looking forward to him coming to WA next year thumbsup1.gif

Hi TSD - I have lots of babies biggrin.gif I have a litter of 6 x 4 1/2 week old babies - all boys and I have myself a 12 week old toller girl + all my big kids, so I am a wee bit busy at the moment and getting my fair share of cuddles and puddles. rofl1.gif

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Tassie are you doing the Kamal course? I have started my baby on heelwork using this method, so it will be interesting to see how she turns out compared to the others. I am looking forward to him coming to WA next year thumbsup1.gif

Only doing Kamal at Bronze - and only just started to get into it. I still have all my notes and DVDs from when he was here in 2012 - went up to Camp Tailwaggers - the same time as bedazzled. Now all I eed is time to actually look at it , never mind putting it into practice.

I'm doing Gold in Debbie Gross's K9 conditioning - and 2 other Bronzes - one a repeat of the Retrieve - cos I didn[t work that one properly either. :eek: And I don't even have the excuses of puppies - do the two kittens count - they are learning to walk nicely on their leads and harnesses :laugh: