Best Agility Dvds Or Online Courses

Hey agility peeps

I have a friend with a Dally who lives in a remote area and has no or very little access to agility clubs. She's currently doing obedience and is tempted to transition to the dark side :laugh:

So hit me with your favourite agility DVDs and online courses please. I am biased towards SG's Handling 360 but it's probably not for everyone.

Many thanks!

Susan Salo's jump training DVDs

Dial up the Distance

All of Silvia Trkman's DVDs

2 on 2 off DVD

2x2 Weave DVD

As far as online courses I have not participated in any for agility, but Fenzi Dog Sport Academy has some agility ones starting. Bronze level is soooo cheap there it's totally worthwhile doing :D

FDSA - School of Agility

Edited by DiscoDobe

The dark side is awesome :thumbsup:

Dave Munnings DVDs Q-me and Turn me. Dave is now doing online courses as well, I believe there is one on Foundation which would be really good.

Silvia Trkman has some good DVDs as well, her puppy class is great for a foundation of tricks and body awareness and she gives very good feedback if you take a working spot, or would be worthwhile auditing.

I think the Susan Garrett online courses (Recallers and H360) are brilliant because there is so much information there all broken down into bite sized pieces, but I would be concerned that they would be overwhelming for beginners. Dave and Silvia are probably a bit better as a starter without being too full on.

Justine Davenport is awesome, but presumes a level of knowledge even in her Foundation online course, so I'd leave her stuff for later.

Success With One Jump - SG :D (really great ideas using no or one jump, so great for limited space - great for obstacle focus, understanding different handling moves etc)

Shape Up Agility - Justine Davenport, similar to SG's H360 in terms of handling, but from what I've heard isn't into the same amount of detail as SG so may be more straightforward to follow - I am going to her seminar in October.

2X2 Weave Training - SG :D

Recallers - SG :D (though not strictly agility, so many of the games are really useful for agility! And could work for obedience too)

I've been really tempted to get the Silvia Trkman DVDs!

Edited by Kavik

Susan Salo's jump training DVDs

Dial up the Distance

All of Silvia Trkman's DVDs

2 on 2 off DVD

2x2 Weave DVD

When you say the 2 on 2 off DVD, are you meaning the Rachel Sanders one, or is there a better one? I'm looking at getting one to get some better contacts.

Edited by FalconRange

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, does Garrett have a contact training DVD?

No. She ran an online contact training course in 2012 I think it was? or 2013? I think that is now her preferred way of doing things, rather than DVDs.

Susan Garrett did an online contacts course but hasn't made that into a dvd or anything currently available to the public.

You'd get a fair bit of the foundation for it from H360

You need Greg Derrett's first Dvd or maybe the first two to understand the handling arm action in SG's success with one jump and 2x2 weaves...

Tho SG has modified the Derrett system to suit slower runners (than Greg Derrett). I thinking of modifying it further for people with knee injuries who can't stop and turn 180 fast... ie bugger the knee busting front cross - I think I'd like an arm change blind cross since my dog does love to run behind me and it's hard for me to turn and face her just to get a front cross arm change.

Greg Derrett with Laura also do online courses but the one I did - didn't have any live "coaching calls". The take home documentation was great tho.

SG is a fan of the Trkman's stuff but I'm not sure how much of her handling she uses.

The main thing is to figure out a consistent way of getting your dog to know where it needs to go next - including out and away from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, that's a shame. I'd love to do a couple of SG etc. online courses, but they're a bit expensive, and I'm a little time-poor to commit to one at the moment.

Maybe I'll stick with going with the 2 on 2 off DVD that Clean Run has, and work through it in my own time.

Thanks for the responses though MRB and Kavik!