Pitbull Attack In Cabramatta Leaves One Dog Dead And A Police Officer

Staffyluv

My link

CABRAMATTA police are investigating a dog attack which left one dog dead and a police officer with hand injuries yesterday afternoon.

Officers were called to the Cumberland Highway, at Cabramatta, at 4.30pm after passing motorists noticed two pit bull terriers attacking a maltese silky terrier.

On arrival police discovered one of the pit bulls had died, after being hit by a car, and the other was being restrained by a male witness.

A police officer was bitten on the hand by the maltese silky, which had hidden under a nearby parked car.

The maltese silky was taken to a vet and treated for puncture wounds to the head and stomach.

After returning both pit bulls to their owner, it was established they had escaped onto the open road through a side fence.

The owner of the silky terrier is still unknown.

Officers are working with Fairfield Council staff to determine what, if any, action will be taken against the owner of the pit bulls.

Firstly, I hope the owner of the little dog comes forward to claim the poor mite and it makes a full recovery..

Secondly the sensationalist headline just does my head in!!!!

Am I reading this right? One of the dogs was hit by a car and the officer was bitten by the poor little dog?

If I just read that correctly then that is the most unbelievably deliberate sensationalist headline I've ever seen. I'll be contacting the paper. Just crazy.

Hope the little pup recovers well and it's owners are found!

That's totally c$$$$$%@%@%%@%p reporting.

RIP dog killed by car & recover well little fluffy guy.

Hope the policeman is back on duty soon and has learned not to touch an injured animal :(

Edited by Sandra777

Am I reading this right? One of the dogs was hit by a car and the officer was bitten by the poor little dog?

If I just read that correctly then that is the most unbelievably deliberate sensationalist headline I've ever seen. I'll be contacting the paper. Just crazy.

I would be not only ringing the paper but also writing a letter if it was my breed that was being maligned. I thought journalists had a code of ethics to report accurately. If so perhaps you could also report it to the journalists association or whatever they have.

Most journalists are members of the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance and if so will be covered by a code of ethics. The Australian Journalists Assoc got kind of merged with the MEAA a while back. But technically I can tell you that headline is correct. The opening para expands on it and puts things in more context to cover their butts.

Ugh. Someone take the keyboard away from that reporter and give them a crayon.

It's pretty disrespectful to use a very sad story as clickbait. :mad

Edited by Powerlegs

Yep Mel, that is exactly what it is..

Not to take away from the little dog being attacked because the other two were loose but the headline makes it sound like the pits bit the officer.

It also sounds like the little dog was loose as well because its owner couldn't be found at the time either..

What a mess..

Most journalists are members of the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance and if so will be covered by a code of ethics. The Australian Journalists Assoc got kind of merged with the MEAA a while back. But technically I can tell you that headline is correct. The opening para expands on it and puts things in more context to cover their butts.

Small contradiction between the alleged pit bull that got hit by a car and killed and two pit bulls returned to their owner. The math involved is 2 - 1 = 2. Or was one of the dogs returned dead?

I wouldn't be blaming the pitbulls either unless someone saw it start. I've taken a few stray dogs home since Ive lived here and the nastiest by far was a Maltese! It went for my dogs and I have no doubt that it would have bitten me!

There is another lady who always scoops her Maltese up when she sees me and I was a little bit offended until she explained that the dog is really aggressive!

Edited by JulesP

I hope that whoever was in the car that hit the dog were okay. The article does not mention what happened to them.

Very true, even just emotionally. My poor housemate hit a cat last night and rang me in absolute hysterics. I rushed up with a few towels, some gloves and a chip scanner but the cat had run off. We just hope it went straight home or died quickly :( Being the person to hit an animal can be extremely traumatising.

I hope that whoever was in the car that hit the dog were okay. The article does not mention what happened to them.

Very true, even just emotionally. My poor housemate hit a cat last night and rang me in absolute hysterics. I rushed up with a few towels, some gloves and a chip scanner but the cat had run off. We just hope it went straight home or died quickly :( Being the person to hit an animal can be extremely traumatising.

As there was no mention of them, I assumed (I know I shouldn't) that they kept driving..