Help Fund A New Interactive Dog Toy

piper

I have nothing to gain by this and am not involved with them at all, it came up on my Facebook newsfeed today and I thought it looked like a really cool idea.

"Schnuzzle is the world's first interactive dog toy system that holds an innovative, changeable scent reward. Schnuzzle toys and Scent Disc engage directly with your dog's highly developed sense of smell, fascinating and entertaining them for extended play sessions. "

It is even designed here in Australia. You can choose to pledge towards the manufacture of it and depending on how much you pledge you get 1 if they go into production. If they don't, it is no loss as you are not actually charged until they have enough supporters.

Earlier this year there was another similar idea called the Foobler that went on there for a timed release treat ball. A couple of friends supported that 1. http://cynjo.com/products/foobler

My guys are non destructive but I did wonder about durability. Figured I would do a small pledge though and hopefully find out.

I like the idea of using scent as an alternative to food dispensing toys. Especially where there are multiple dogs or as an additional bit of stimulation for dogs left alone for long hours.

Hi all. My name is Justin and I am the inventor of Schnuzzle.

A friend of mine came across your forum and let me know there were some questions regarding our product.

I’d like to assure you that safety and strength have been two of our most important goals in the design of Schnuzzle.

Our ball pieces will be made from a tough, tear resistant elastomer and our screw thread is designed to withstand a pull force of over 400kg (881lb).

We’ve tested our prototypes with a wide range of large and small dogs and none of them have been able to get the toy open.

The screw parts that hold Schnuzzle together incorporate special interlocking detail to prevent unscrewing except when operated by human fingers.

And even if a dog was to open Schnuzzle, all the parts are dog safe - the scent disc is cardboard and the screw parts are made from a similar material to Nylabone (dog chew toys).

I’d be happy to answer any further questions you may have!

Thank you all for your time.

Justin Daley.

Edited by justind111