How Do They Know?

Ivory & Beau

many years ago, and I mean, many years ago, my Mum would pull out her red decor basket full of tea/coffee etc for a day of dog showing etc. That basket would be placed on the kitchen table to be filled with goodies and of course right in view of our dogs.

The red basket was the trigger :D

Cue a couple of years latter, same dogs, different hobby for my brother, go-cart racing and guess what came out Sat/Sun mornings???

The red basket and 3 very confused cardigan corgis :laugh:

Edited by biker girl

I remember reading on the forums a few years back how someone was at their computer scrolling through forums, and then thought (without moving) something like 'hmm..I'm going to go for a dog walk now!' and her dog reacted, jumped up and got excited as if it somehow KNEW what was about to happen.

They may not be able to talk to us but I figure animals are pretty amazing at picking up things!

I always try to connect with Ivy through my thoughts but it doesn't work. But maybe it just doesn't work when you "try"?

I had a 'thing' like that with Gabor, my Heart dog.

Sometimes, the dogs would be outside playing.

I would need to go out so they would need to go their 'room' to be locked up for safety reasons.

I would think I must get some treats to give them, just before calling them in.

Most times Gabor would walk into the room where I was and come to sit beside me as if waiting.

Might be a stretch of imagination but I like to think otherwise.

:heart:

Had a bitch once that could tell when people had been visiting even if she had not seen or heard them; she would go to the exact chair and sniff the air as though the person was still sitting in it and, if she knew that person, would start to wag her tail. If is was a stranger she would not be happy and would back off and stare at the chair. She even knew if they had been to the toilet or elsewhere in the house. Very spooky

My old girl used to know it was Sunday and would not settle down until we headed off to dog club :confused: .

Yep, it took Bundy ages to get out of the yay, it's Sunday let's go training routine. Even now 12 months later he still gets hopeful some weeks.

Edited by Bundyburger