The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

I just received this message from Tigger's owner after I emailed her RSAs comment and a link of the thread :)

"Wow what lovely words Jason. Please pass on my appreciation to all the forum members and their kind sentiments. It is lovely to have a movie that shows that friendships are not just limited to the human form! Ronin really is such a fabulous dog , he is the only dog that Tigger trusts completely and vice versa! Thanks for sharing the movie and for always trying to make yourself available for the 2 buddies to get together. I have to say whenever they have a play Tigger always comes home happy and content!"

Hi all,

Here is another movie I did this morning. I am a bit disappointed about the video quality, I expected it to be better as I changed from the iPhone to the still camera but it turned out worse. But hopefully worth a view anyway? As with the last best viewed in HD, just pause and let it buffer before playing.

Many thanks HW :) No rest for the wicked :laugh: It was pretty warm yesterday even at 8 am when we went there, but Tigger did the same when Ronin was resting but it was hard to get more footage.

Buffering is just the loading of the video, sometimes it takes a little while and this causes the the video to stop while the connection catches up.

Brilliant Y - played perfectly for me too. Gee I sooo want a grey one day... and yeah I'll say it again... Ronin is just soooo beautiful! thumbsup1.gif

Aww, thanks so much Westiemum, I really appreciate your comments :)

I was thrilled to see that GAP WA put the first vid that I posted a few days ago onto their FB site, to show how good greys can mix in public with other dogs! :) Apparently they want Ronin and Tigger to appear in next years printed calendar :)

I enjoy putting these pics and vids together, they take a bit of time, but it is so worth it when people like you and others here comment :thumbsup:

Thats wonderful that your video is getting such good distribution and airplay with GAP WA - I have a real soft spot for the greys - starting to think I might foster one after Mac goes to God... I could see a hilarious video of Andy, my littlest westie and his little legs and porky body trying to keep up with a grey! rofl1.gif

In the first video, Tigger looks like he barely gets out of first gear - and there's that cheeky look over his shoulder at Ronin! Just gorgeous! love.gif

:laugh: Yeah, Tigger has a great personality, Ronin is pretty fast and has nearly got him a couple of times, but certainly not as fast :D Mind you, he is very smart so will use other tactics to get his own back LOL... or simply jump on him when he has run out of steam :laugh:

Thats wonderful that your video is getting such good distribution and airplay with GAP WA - I have a real soft spot for the greys - starting to think I might foster one after Mac goes to God... I could see a hilarious video of Andy, my littlest westie and his little legs and porky body trying to keep up with a grey! rofl1.gif

Oh, I have seem some little ones fly across the park in chase of Tigger even a spunky little french bulldog :D

If one person sees the vids and gets some interest in adopting a grey or it changes their perception then I will be happy that I have done my little bit for this magnificent breed :)

I've just sent around to some other online friends who have ill dogs who can't move like that. - and they're loving' it! When you have sick dogs it can be very easy to lose perspective so its a great reminder of how effortless movement is in healthy dogs. thumbsup1.gif

Oh, I have seem some little ones fly across the park in chase of Tigger even a spunky little french bulldog :D

If one person sees the vids and gets some interest in adopting a grey or it changes their perception then I will be happy that I have done my little bit for this magnificent breed :)

Yes exactly. thumbsup1.gif

I've just sent around to some other online friends who have ill dogs who can't move like that. - and they're loving' it! When you have sick dogs it can be very easy to lose perspective so its a great reminder of how effortless movement is in healthy dogs. thumbsup1.gif

Oh, that is great Westiemum - to hear that the vids can make someone smile really makes my day - thank you :thumbsup: I think most of us come to a forum because we have a problem that we need some help with, and we all - myself included, get caught up in the complexities of doing everything 'right' and sometimes we forget to have fun and enjoy our dogs crazy antics. I was unsure how this thread would go here, but I am so pleased that some people seem to enjoy it.

The main reason I started taking so many shots and making vids was to share with our breeder. She now has two aged and ailing "heart dogs" and I know that they cheer her up in this difficult time. My heart goes out to all those like DDD who are going through a difficult time with their beloved dogs.

Oh, I have seem some little ones fly across the park in chase of Tigger even a spunky little french bulldog :D If one person sees the vids and gets some interest in adopting a grey or it changes their perception then I will be happy that I have done my little bit for this magnificent breed :)
Yes exactly. thumbsup1.gif

:) :) :)

BTW Y - where were these vids shot? Some NYC friends are commenting on the space!laugh.gif

It is a fenced in dog park in Inglewood which is around 3 km from the Perth CBD. It is a great park but you just need to pick slow times as afternoons are just way too full on (for me at least)

It is amazing to hear that people are seeing it in NYC :laugh:

Yep we live in different worlds - but the commonality is our dogs with laryngeal paralysis and generalised neuropathy. The US is years ahead of us in treatment and research and its because of this group that I still have Mac. On this list we all have dogs with chronic disease which we have to intensively manage pill by pill, meal by meal, day by day so its easy to lose perspective. So its great to see vids like these of healthy dogs moving so effortlessly. smile.gif

So sorry to hear of the health issues you are facing with Mac, but I am pleased to hear that you have such a strong support network around you to help. The internet can be a real pain sometimes, but at other times it can be a life saver.

Yep while the 'net can be a real problem, this group has been a real blessing for Mac and me - and he's doing really well for a wobbly but happy and spritely 15.5 year old! And I've just found out that greyhound/dog racing is now illegal in 39 states in the US! thumbsup1.gif You know we might criticise the US in so many ways but on so many fronts they are light years ahead of us.