Nexguard

aliwake

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friend's Bichon has been scratching madly, since he was given this product on Thursday. He is at the red raw stage.

Didn't have any problems before :(

Has he been to the vet? Maybe an antihistamine or cortisone injection will help.

It will have to be more than one injection. It's in the blood and designed to last for a month. The allergic reaction will continue until the body can break it down.

My friend's Bichon has been scratching madly, since he was given this product on Thursday. He is at the red raw stage.

Didn't have any problems before :(

Has he been to the vet? Maybe an antihistamine or cortisone injection will help.

It will have to be more than one injection. It's in the blood and designed to last for a month. The allergic reaction will continue until the body can break it down.

They have given him some antihistamines. They're trying to keep him cool and quiet and putting on cream.

They nearly lost their Maltese to a tick, just before Christmas, so they thought they would try the Nexgard, as they are now paranoid about the little blighters!

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of trying this as my dogs go places where there are ticks. Luckily had no issues so far.

I do not like using the medications so regularly specially on my little ones. Gemma is 10 yrs now and when I gave her another flea/tick treatment last year she was so sick on it. I think she is allergic to the drug ( starts with Pyr..) as some shampoos make her react too. So this treatment cost me two vet visits and a sad doggy.

After looking at the comments in the link supplied I am not so sure now. And if Gemma had a reaction would it possibly last for weeks. How terrible for the effected dogs.

• 4 months later...