Plastic Dog Beds

Kirislin

I use them sometimes. Need to make sure that the bed has "legs" ie is up off the floor so that they do not sweat. I also got more holes put in the base to allow the bedding to breath otherwise they become very damp very quickly.

I've emailed my friend the pics of the ones I've found but he's not happy with them, he want's one with a more "severe" opening. I suggested a kramar dog kennel with the top removed but he doesn't want that either although the shape is probably more like what he wants. He's very fussy. :mad

My girl loves hers in winter. I have it lined with lots of warm blankets that she can snuggle into. But on hot nights she prefers to sleep on the floor, sometimes if the night cools down, I will find her back in her bed when I wake up. But, yes, in winter, she loves it. The young guy prefers the lounge :laugh:

we have a plastic dog bed as one of the options for the dogs, we lined it with an old sheepskin rug and never had issues with sweating. The dogs just take turns sleeping in it, it is also on carpet so no space for air underneath.

I have never had any issues with sweating with the Perla type beds. I find that if it gets too warm, the dogs tend to toss out some of the bedding and will drag it back in in they get too cool LOL.

I have a friend who uses these in the sheds of her outdoor runs and just lines them with bits of carpet offcuts, which her short-coated breed seem to find adequately comfortable.

Since the fosters here tend to eat/chew/destroy all other types of beds, I find the plastic ones excellent - only ever had one eaten, that was a cheap knock off, the rest seem to resist gnawing fairly well. :)