Fish Oil For Dogs

Eza

Mine get them too - but check that the fish oil tablets have vitamin E with them - some do, some don't - my holistic vet advises to be sure you're giving vitamin E along with fish oil.

ETA Snap. yonjuro :D

Edited by Tassie

One of the vets in my practice said sardines will only give them a shiny coat, not do anything for their joints - yet my usual vet said to feed them sardines for their joints, any one know anything about this? maybe I'll just start them on fish oil capsules ad well.

I feed fresh/frozen sardines as part on Ronins raw diet, he gets one with brekky most mornings. The omega oils are high in sardines, but nowhere near the concentration of a fish oil supplement. I don't feed them for medicinal purposes as my dog is young.

To say they do nothing for joints is ridiculous, however it may not be enough for dogs suffering from a medical condition such as arthritis or even old age.

:laugh: We must have been feverishly typing at the same time Tassie :D

:laugh: Great minds ....

Eza - have you tried any other supplements with your girl? My guys both have RoseHip Canine Vital - BCs almost 13 and 6 - I've been happy with how they're doing on that. They have their fish oil/vit E as well.

Human capsules are much cheaper than dog fish oil! Mine love their fish lollies every night and will do trick training for them! They also get random tins of sardine, tuna, salmon or mackerel depending on what's on special, and I think it's the raw egg that makes them extra shiny - fish lollies are for joint movement. Just gotta hope it keeps working ok!

Edited by Comrade Catdogs