Why Do Dogs Have Lick Attacks

Christina

Mine do it a lot, case in point below

Sarah's self appointment job is to keep Collie's eye clean which we're definitely grateful for in spring/summer when he gets lots of eye goopers

Collie on the other hand prefers to give Sarah complete body baths where she ends up dirtier, this we try and prevent.

Martin McKenna (dreadlocked dog whisperer) sticks his finger in his mouth and rubs his teeth then sticks it into the mouth of a stressed out dog as a way of calming it down. I know when our pei is stressed our SBT gets in there and gives her teeth a good licking too. Spit swapping has a purpose.

I used to have an SBT who was a hard core licker. She liked cleaning out the other pets inner ears. :vomit: We also had an old cat and she would lick that cat top to bottom until it was dripping with her spit. In particular she loved to lick my mum though so mum came up with the idea of putting eucalyptus oil on her knees before a visit, which automatically repelled the licker.

If I ever remove any eye goobies, scabs or ear wax off my lot they then try to eat it off my fingers. Clearly I don't feed them enough.

Edited by Little Gifts

Martin McKenna (dreadlocked dog whisperer) sticks his finger in his mouth and rubs his teeth then sticks it into the mouth of a stressed out dog as a way of calming it down. I know when our pei is stressed our SBT gets in there and gives her teeth a good licking too. Spit swapping has a purpose.

Interesting! Our vizsla does this to our kelpie when he's panicking at the vet, well as much as he can while the kelpie is muzzled. It really does work so what you are saying makes sense.

Other than that mine don't lick each other