Treats

Hi All

I have a 17 weeks old chihuahua and we are going to attend a puppy school.

i'm looking at getting some treats for her as rewards.

any recommendation?

also i'm looking for a sausage meat that when you cut it in small pieces, it won't turn into crumbs?

anyone use any of those?

thanks in advance

I used to get a chicken loin and bash it flat (5mm) between some baking paper. I would coat in honey and gently bake in folded baking paper for 20 mins. Allow to cool and the pop in the fridge. When chilled you can cut into 5mm cubes that don't break apart or get messy. Freeze what you don't need for the day. :)

Edited by Yonjuro

I used to get a chicken loin and bash it flat (5mm) between some baking paper. I would coat in honey and gently bake in folded baking paper for 20 mins. Allow to cool and the pop in the fridge. When chilled you can cut into 5mm cubes that don't break apart or get messy. Freeze what you don't need for the day. :)

clever!!

Hi All

I have a 17 weeks old chihuahua and we are going to attend a puppy school.

i'm looking at getting some treats for her as rewards.

any recommendation?

also i'm looking for a sausage meat that when you cut it in small pieces, it won't turn into crumbs?

anyone use any of those?

thanks in advance

Chicken Loaf is good for that. You can chop it into tiny pieces & it holds it's shape & can be thrown about without crumbling. I use it a lot but it isn't very healthy. Here is a link to my page where I have suggestions for treats...DIY Homemade Treats I use VIP Chunkers a lot & baked thin slices of beef liver or heart. You need to have the treats really tiny...about the size of a dried pea & if you can cut them up any finer, then do so, because you are going to be giving him heaps. :)

[/url]

Sheena what was the name of those dried fish treats you posted a while ago please?

I was sure I saved the link but I obviously didn't :/

Fish Twist Chews from Loyalty Pet Treats...I just bought another kilo. They were really long ones this time, so I cut them in half with the secators :)

[/url]

Sheena what was the name of those dried fish treats you posted a while ago please?

I was sure I saved the link but I obviously didn't :/

Fish Twist Chews from Loyalty Pet Treats...I just bought another kilo. They were really long ones this time, so I cut them in half with the secators :)

That was them thank you!

A dehydrator is pretty cool to have if you want to stick with healthy treats and save money. Every couple of weeks I dehydrate liver, heart,chicken, silverside or whatever meat I've found on special and can slice thinly.

I've found a medium bag of dehydrated treats could be $9 - $16 and I've saved sooo much money. I chop them into tiny pieces and they're great for pockets or treat bags and the dogs love them. I also sell smaller bags of mixed treats at my work so it's a win all round!

Treats for training - I like to use anything small and soft that doesn't crumble...cheese, 4 Legs dog roll, sausage, cooked or raw chicken, beef and lamb. For jackpots I use boiled egg and tinned salmon as they are a bit messy on the go. I know a lot of folk use Devon etc but too much salt for my liking.