Introducing Another Baby Puppy!

huski

You're doing such a great job with her, she looks amazing!

She is a gorgeous looking pup too, makes me want a Mal but like someone else said I think way too much dog for me!

The more I watch you guys training in drive the more it makes me want to try it. Do you feel the online course is ok for someone who is only learning too?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant.

I have the same problem that you do, my praise and encouragement of my dogs distracts others in the class, and is frowned upon. :(

It is funny what they choose as prey items, isn't it. :rofl:

Oh that sucks!

I always make sure I am not right next to the ring when I train my dogs at trials, but I did notice playing the video back that some of the dogs hanging around with the handlers were a bit distracted by us training.

We have our own training team so I don't need to go to classes or a club for regular distraction training, we like making distraction hard for each other, so no one frowns :D lol :)

You're doing such a great job with her, she looks amazing!

She is a gorgeous looking pup too, makes me want a Mal but like someone else said I think way too much dog for me!

The more I watch you guys training in drive the more it makes me want to try it. Do you feel the online course is ok for someone who is only learning too?

Thanks Roova! She is really pretty (IMO lol) I hope she keeps her darker colouring.

Most of the people who do our online courses (which are full at the moment unfortunately) are new to TID, so it is definitely suitable for any skill level. The most important thing is your level of commitment to training.

It breaks my heart, and frustrates the crap out of me, when you see other dogs reactions to your praise and/or toys, and then the owner tells their dog off for not paying attention or working properly.

Change your reward system and you dog will work for you. For God sake give them something for their efforts, something that they like.

Rant over.

Edited by grumpette

I just love reading about your girl :) she is down right adorable and incredibly talented!

Thanks WL!

We did a photoshoot with Blaze on Friday, I thought I would share some of the pics, I LOVE them! :)

cd2cc788-1419-4208-b8b9-f769912df3e5_zpsllirfyz7.jpg

resized3_zpsqkrrbvtp.jpg

Huski she is beautiful! Her legs are so long already!!

Thanks DD! She is quite leggy at the moment. She still needs to grow into her ears too :laugh:

Huski she is beautiful! Her legs are so long already!!

she is growing up so fast, and so beautifully.

:heart:

:) I really love the pic of her on the log, I am thinking about printing it on canvas to hang in my house.

Also for anyone interested in the training side of it. Blaze's dad gained his PH1 KNPV title in the Netherlands last week. The KNPV is the Royal Dutch Police Services testing and selection process. The PH1 Certificate stands for Politiehond 1 or Police Dog 1. Idefix scored 434/435, he is a really super dog!

Here is a snippet from the trial;

Wow watching that trial was eye opening to see the precision that goes into it for both the human and dog. Is a score like that normal or very very good/elite?

I love the photo's of Blaze it really captures her personality and cheeky nature. She's got a few bits to grow into it seems!

Wow watching that trial was eye opening to see the precision that goes into it for both the human and dog. Is a score like that normal or very very good/elite?

I love the photo's of Blaze it really captures her personality and cheeky nature. She's got a few bits to grow into it seems!

Definitely a very impressive score!

Those ears :eek: :laugh: Too cute huski :heart:

I know right. They are a bit outrageous!

I luvs those ears. They are brilliant. Cannot wait to see how she matures and fills out. :love:

ETA I love that photo of Daisy. It so captures her cheekiness.

Daisy almost never smiles, so I really treasure photos where she is grinning :laugh:

I can't wait to see how she matures too. I hope she takes after her mumma in size.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets told off in training for revving my dogs up. I've been encouraged to have a tugging dog for agility and my terrier Kirah is an awesome tugger. When we were practising tugging I was told off by the trainer because I was aggravating the other dogs in the class who saw Kirah as prey.

Umm ... That's not my fault, surely. :shrug:

Huski, will Blaze lose a lot of her black face? I hope she keeps it because it's stunning and cute. It looks like she's put her face into a pile of ash! :D

I struggle teaching Zeus to stand on things as my younger brother trained him to 'push it' so he thinks everything I want him standing on is for whacking around with his front paws. :/ :laugh:

Huski, will Blaze lose a lot of her black face? I hope she keeps it because it's stunning and cute. It looks like she's put her face into a pile of ash! :D

It will either go darker or lighter, I am hoping it stays darker :D

• 2 weeks later...

Puppy Blaze went to the vet this morning to have her 16 week vaccination, so I popped her on the scales while we were there. She is already 15.6kg :eek: what happened to my little baby puppy!

983a11c2-112a-40cb-baaa-9271418d39db_zpswcmsg7am.jpg