Why Does It Have To Be So Hard?

Kajtek

I find your post really disappointing. You want a dog/pup now and someone should sell you one just because and if they don't I'm going to the pet store type. Sorry one of your pets died, it sucks, but I would have expected more from a long time DOLer.

Kinda harsh. I'm a bit disappointed myself. In your response. Can't see anywhere Kaijek talks about a pet store and yeah, I do think it's rude that people don't reply to enquiries.

Edited by Stressmagnet

I find your post really disappointing. You want a dog/pup now and someone should sell you one just because and if they don't I'm going to the pet store type. Sorry one of your pets died, it sucks, but I would have expected more from a long time DOLer.

Cruel, but typical. :( :(

If a long time DOLer can't come here and talk about how she feels and what she is going through without getting this sort of arrogance, it is pretty sad.

Sorry you've lost your heart dog it's something that is very hard to come to terms with especially without another to fill the gap.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago, we tried for a few months to find the perfect Pomeranian, I work from home as a groomer, rarely leave the dogs alone, have excellent vet references etc we were willing to adopt either adult or puppy but after dealing with numerous rude unfriendly breeders or never hearing back (I know il be flamed) we gave up and bought the most beautiful pom x long haired chi, he has a wonderful temperament and has turned out the perfect dog.

Funny I didn't have these issues when I got my pure chi or my toy poodle, seems to be more of an issue within certain breeds.

That's a little harsh Rebanne... have you lost a heart dog before? If so, you should be able to understand the huge hole in the soul they leave...

Kajtek will be an awesome home for any dog... and for people to simply not respond to an enquiry about a dog they are trying to rehome is just rude...

Hang in there Kajtek, the perfect new family member will come along when the time is right, OK?

T.

Spot on.

Especially as Kajtek responded positively after Bjelkier suggested, in a courteous way, not to make a judgment of all breeders, based on one event.

She said, 'Valid!' and blushed for the desperation ... which some of us could identify with!

Why is Rebanne harsh ???? I just went and had a look at the puppies for sale on the pages here and it lists 25. Didn't look any further than that. But why would you look for a BB pup in North Queensland. My first thoughts would be that it would be far to hot to show and breed BB up that far. How would you know if you were getting a top quality one if it's sire and dam have not been assessed in the show ring to prove the quality is there. Any breeder can mate two dogs and sell the pups off. It doesn't mean your getting class stock does it ?. (The breeders in and around Brisbane say they have enough problems with breed in the heat in summer.)

There are a heap of puppies listed, male and female and a range of ages, lots in Vic and NSW as well as Qld. 10 older dog listings as well.

Don't give up hope Kajtek, the right one will be out there for you and your girl :)

Edited by Simply Grand

Why is Rebanne harsh ???? I just went and had a look at the puppies for sale on the pages here and it lists 25. Didn't look any further than that. But why would you look for a BB pup in North Queensland. My first thoughts would be that it would be far to hot to show and breed BB up that far. How would you know if you were getting a top quality one if it's sire and dam have not been assessed in the show ring to prove the quality is there. Any breeder can mate two dogs and sell the pups off. It doesn't mean your getting class stock does it ?. (The breeders in and around Brisbane say they have enough problems with breed in the heat in summer.)

Did you not read Kajtek's first post. She contacted the Qld breeder for an older dog, not a puppy. If you think it's too hot in Qld to be breeding BB's then perhaps you should contact that same breeder and let her know your thoughts on the matter. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Did you not read Kajtek's first post. She contacted the Qld breeder for an older dog, not a puppy. If you think it's too hot in Qld to be breeding BB's then perhaps you should contact that same breeder and let her know your thoughts on the matter. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

NOT my thoughts the breeders of BB's thoughts. I am only passing on what seems to make sense to me.

Why doesn't the OP contact the breeders listed here they may have older stock that may suit. Many people contact me for older stock not always a baby puppy.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your heart dog Kajtek :cry: I lost my one and only heart dog a few weeks ago and I still cry daily and not a moment goes by that I don't think of him.

I know it might not be much but at least you have another to hold on to. Just don't give up, maybe contact more breeders. Also please keep in mind that some people might have something going on and just might not have replied due to personal issues...

Harrison looks totally adorable.