Cute Routines Of Your Dogs

Taliecat

When I get home my Frenchie rushes over and lies on her stomach with her legs straight back behind her. She then pushes herself in a backward circle with her front legs, ears pinned back and looking so cute. I ohh and ahh over her and scritch her bum when its in reach and she just laps it up lol.

Whilst this is going on Poppy (the terrier) starts with a stretching bow and starts commando crawling toward me. Im sure anyone coming in the door with me would think neither of them have proper use of their legs! :laugh:

I keep the dogs' kibble in the kitchen and one day while dishing out their bowls one kibble fell on the floor by accident. After eating (outside) the dogs came in and one of them discovered the kibble that was on the floor. The next day she rushed inside just after eating to see if there was a kibble on the floor again. Now every time I prepare their bowls I leave one or two kibbles on the floor and the female dog loves coming in and searching for these wayward kibbles :)

My sister spent the day with the Dalai Lama and she was telling me how he yearns to be able to return to Tibet but will be shot the minute he re-enters the country. Then she pulled out some Tibetan/Buddhist chimes she bought today and this metal bowl that she tapped with a metal handle thing to make it resonate. Tempeh (a shar pei) was fast asleep on the lounge while she was talking and while she clinked the chimes but the minute she touched the bowl Temp jumped up, ran over and did the deepest growl right at it. I know China and Tibet have a long history of conflict and shar pei were bred as protectors but who knew Comrade Tempeh was such a hard core traditionalist?

I guess the bowl will have to become a high shelf dust catcher (or suffer the consequences of our own Imperial Guard).

Jingo and my afternoon ritual is to have a nap together, so as soon as I turn off the computer they both rush to the baby gate and wait. Once I am snuggled in, he slides down beside my back, nosing the blankets to get to my feet. Then when it is time to wake up, he crawls halfway up my back and stretches out for another 5 minutes, then it is on.... he bounces, jumps, smothers me, sniffs ears, noses eyes, and woo-woo's at me until I get up! So I get a hot water bottle, a snooze alarm, and then a full on siren!

In the new house, I have a walk-in shower. When I'm in the shower in the mornings Mac and Andy sit in the shower entry supervising making sure I don't miss washing any bits. It does feel strange having an audience when I'm a post menopausal over 50 year old with a body shape to match! laugh.gif

My aussie Nova collects all the dogs plates after dinner and brings them to me one by one. Each plate is accompanied by a lot of grinning and her entire body wags. Of course each plate earns her a pat. There was a bit of an issue as she was collecting them before the dogs were finished eating, something not well received by the food loving shelties. Very cute, we had to do a bit of retraining because she decided to start getting them off the bench again after she had collected them all

Dozer's back to being ridiculously cute..

He found a tennis ball down the back of one of the arm chairs this morning and we were happy to let him chew on it to settle.

But instead he kept coming over to me and dropping it in my lap and pushing it gently with his nose in an effort to get me to play with him.

OH confiscated the ball (no playing inside!) and he went back to the magical armchair where he found the ball to see if there was another one.

He's now snoring away on my lap for his morning cuddle, and I know if I pick up my knitting project he'll move..

*sigh* the sacrifices we make for our puppies!

My boy Tex is hands down the LAZIEST dog I've ever met :)

The others are up and ready to go outside for a wee when I wake up, be it at 6am or 11am, or any time in between. Their cue to get up is when I do, which is super awesome. Not Tex though. You can drag him out of bed early, but by god it's hard. He usually sleeps in a crate in the lounge room, so when I wake up, I open the crate door. He raises his head, and looks at me like "5 more minutes..." before collapsing down again.

He will then saunter out of bed sometime between 10.30am and 11.30am to be let out for a wee. Except for the other morning, when I woke up and immediately lit a fire at about 7am. at 10am I went back into the lounge room and Tex had gotten out of his crate and onto the bed closest to the coonara. He then appeared at the door at about 12.45, practically dancing because of how badly he needed to wee!

Stussy is like that on cold mornings. It's usually my sister up first and she opens the back door for everyone, sits outside herself till she is awake and then she goes in to get them breakfast. Often Stussy's food is on her mat and she has to be called numerous times to get out from under the doona with me before she will go to it. Then of course she can't concentrate on her food because she really needs a wee but she is not allowed out there while Temp is eating.

Ok. Just brought The Stenchking back from his ramble. It's sunny today after days of rain, and I gave him a frozen half marrow bone to amuse himself.

I just walked out on my deck to see Ernie, with every marrow bone that I've given him in the past 3 months, unearthed and neatly arranged before him. He's lying in the middle surveying his wealth and riches.

I swear this dog is a complete character in the oddest of ways. He's not at all the rambunctious nut job that I'd heard Labradors can be - but he's definitely got a screw loose.

Edited by Stressmagnet