Percy The Deerhound Is In His New Home!

_PL_

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place. Being purebreds I hope it's appropriate to post here. Undesexed dog's link won't be posted, PM for details.

She's desexed already. :) But she's on a free classifieds site, just google.

Posting her here because I've never heard of them and no idea if the breed ID is accurate but I'm assuming a somewhat expert hand would be needed to make her next home the forever one. Ad sounds like she is quite a handful for the current owners.

Wolfdog (Czechoslovakian Wolfdog) 14 month old female, free to a good home. Up to date vaccinations and has recently been desexed.

Apologies if this dog is already being worked on via breed network, will delete on request.

Edited by Powerlegs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she might have been from a litter that was born last year in NSW. Have shared the link on my facebook...I didn't even know this breed existed, much less existed in Australia.

Could they be littermates? From what I can tell there's only one breeder here

Edited by Better Late

I've messaged the ad person to let them know of the thread and that an experienced/skilled home will likely come from here instead of the classifieds.

So please don't make a liar out of me :rofl: :rofl:

I think she might have been from a litter that was born last year in NSW. Have shared the link on my facebook...I didn't even know this breed existed, much less existed in Australia.

Different aren't they! Not a dog I could ever handle. If someone could let huski and nekhbet know maybe that would help too?

edit; sorry I didn't mean a good home wouldn't come from FB. :)

Edited by Powerlegs

Different aren't they! Not a dog I could ever handle. If someone could let huski and nekhbet know maybe that would help too?

edit; sorry I didn't mean a good home wouldn't come from FB. :)

Quite different! I'd have to pinch myself if I saw one at a park :laugh: Nekhbet is on my Facebook so I'm sure she'll see it, I don't have huski on there but I'm sure she'll see it here

Not for the average pet owner either .i guess thankgod shes spayed so no numpty can cross breed

Would it be worth contacting the breeder? The birth dates seem to line up....

Good idea, doing that now with both the dog's links. :)

I don't know if it's still up but there was an ad a few days ago on SA gumtree dogs for 'pontian mastiffs' The speil that went with the add sent shudders down my spine. I believe there was a related ad for Rotties as the spiel was very similar :mad

Edited by blinkblink

Yep she would be (and he) from the guy in Alexandria NSW. I don't think he would take her back but you never know. There is a FB group for them now I will post up on there. Someone might know someone who could take her.

He is the only breeder that has advertised so far but there is rumour of another maybe, might start up. His dogs at last check were not papered and the breeder of one parent was known to cross. So that individual has no papers. The other parent does.

I love the breed and have been involved for ages but I am not happy with these puppies being produced from untested, unpapered parents. They are usually gorgeous dogs. Not for beginners but not monsters either :)

I'm honestly not surprised. A few people have called and it seems (I haven't seen them personally) more like an inexperienced owner with basically a working/high energy breed. They (there's two separate) have hit adulthood and having no boundaries etc are playing up. Hopefully someone who has a bit more knowledge will take them on.

I've changed thread title. :) They do state he's a rescue so we'll have to delete the link if he's not a fully vetworked 'rescue dog'.

I'd have an absolute fit if one of my rescues ended up on gumtree.

Edited by Powerlegs

I'm honestly not surprised. A few people have called and it seems (I haven't seen them personally) more like an inexperienced owner with basically a working/high energy breed. They (there's two separate) have hit adulthood and having no boundaries etc are playing up. Hopefully someone who has a bit more knowledge will take them on.

Thank you for trying. :(

Stressmagnet, I'm inclined to agree. It's a terrible shame that two dogs from the last litter are going to bounce around because they were placed in unprepared homes. *rolly eye man*