Dog Beds

The Spotted Devil

I just got some really nice beds from a market. They are made by a furniture manufacturer. I got soft fill but they also do foam. or soft fill and foam. They have a zip. The top is water resistant. And they cost $50! I got 2 so got a discount. The foam one is $70 for large.

http://furnituremakers.net.au/

Bit of a dodgy photo but here is Amber modelling hers

29okflw.jpg

OT, BUT! oooooooooooooooooh another road trip, another great thread. When, where and what for???????????????????

Can anyone remember the name of the company that makes these please? I recall them looking gorgeous and having washable covers (!!!) but thinking postage was a bit prohibitive. However I'm planning a road trip so thought it might be a nice opportunity to get one for Zig!

Thanks in advance!

OT, BUT! oooooooooooooooooh another road trip, another great thread. When, where and what for???????????????????

Can anyone remember the name of the company that makes these please? I recall them looking gorgeous and having washable covers (!!!) but thinking postage was a bit prohibitive. However I'm planning a road trip so thought it might be a nice opportunity to get one for Zig!

Thanks in advance!

Ha ha ha! There will be a thread of course! Heading up to NSW for 3 days of retrieving trialling then agility on the way home. No Nationals or anything - just need a break and thought this might be fun :) Will have my hands full with 3!

I just got some really nice beds from a market. They are made by a furniture manufacturer. I got soft fill but they also do foam. or soft fill and foam. They have a zip. The top is water resistant. And they cost $50! I got 2 so got a discount. The foam one is $70 for large.

http://furnituremakers.net.au/

Bit of a dodgy photo but here is Amber modelling hers

29okflw.jpg

Nice Jules - pretty model! Which markets please?

I thought it was going to be these ones, but they're in QLD :laugh:

http://www.henryhottie.com/

I have many of these and love them :D

The covers are easy to wash. And i made a few covers myself too to swap around.

And i use the beds myself when i sit on the floor to brush the dogs laugh.gif

They are in most states now and so far have lasted a good few years no loss of comfiness of thickness. Touch wood!

They are Sydney based.

Thats what i thought and why i didnt suggest them!

Edited by denali

I thought it was going to be these ones, but they're in QLD :laugh:

http://www.henryhottie.com/

I have many of these and love them :D

The covers are easy to wash. And i made a few covers myself too to swap around.

And i use the beds myself when i sit on the floor to brush the dogs laugh.gif

They are in most states now and so far have lasted a good few years no loss of comfiness of thickness. Touch wood!

They are Sydney based.

Thats what i thought and why i didnt suggest them!

That's cool - heading up towards Taree anyway!

Are they worth it?

I saw the pods at a couple of events (APDT conference, pet expo etc) but lucky for my wallet, there were no covers I really liked!

For those of you who have them, how do they fare with regular use? Do they stay fluffy and supportive or do they tend to go flat?

I've been eyeing the Henry Hottie ones too. I'd have to use them as inserts in my two's old Kramar beds. My guys seem to like soft beds with sides to curl up against or rest their heads on.

Speaking of which, I think I remember seeing a picture of Ziggy in one such bed with high walls; would that be right TSD? And if so, would you remember the brand?

I saw the pods at a couple of events (APDT conference, pet expo etc) but lucky for my wallet, there were no covers I really liked!

For those of you who have them, how do they fare with regular use? Do they stay fluffy and supportive or do they tend to go flat?

I've been eyeing the Henry Hottie ones too. I'd have to use them as inserts in my two's old Kramar beds. My guys seem to like soft beds with sides to curl up against or rest their heads on.

Speaking of which, I think I remember seeing a picture of Ziggy in one such bed with high walls; would that be right TSD? And if so, would you remember the brand?

I love some of them, i saw them at the ADAA grand prix last year, but i too was worried about them going flat. I dont have one, but did see a picture of a friends one on facebook that was looking a bit flattened and worse for wear. Though in its defence i dont know how old it could be.

The fluffiness appeals to me, and i imagine my cats would LOVE it!

Re the Henry Hotties, they are currently trialling one with sides! I have also been waiting for one. And have also used one in an old bed i had.

But also found they didnt really care as much as i thought they did and would still go for the HH :shrug:

Its the only bed Henry will choose over the couch or my bed, so they must be ok.

My fuzzyard beds, though i love the patterns they come in, and the fluffy donut shapes- really dont last at all!

Within a few months the dogs are pretty much lying on the floor.

And no clue of the brand, but I have another bed i love. It was cheap and has lasted so well!

Wish i knew what it was :laugh:

A friend has a bed for her big mutt, will ask the brand, also has lovely high walls :)

Edited by denali

Thank you Ladies!

Denali, that's quite a seal of approval from your guys for the HH! I think Pet O are now stocking them in NSW, might go and have a look. Their cat size seems large enough for my guys (cocker and terrier mix). And who knows, the cat might like it too!

I like the idea of high walls to make it cosy (and I know my terrier is quite partial to them), and also to give them a bit more protection in my cool and drafty little house.

My Kramar beds (our downstairs day beds ) are still going strong after 10 years, with the help of an extra mat and fleece blanket to make them more comfy.

For upstairs, I stupidly splashed out on Dog Gone Smart donut beds. The mat in them is as flat as a pancake, and the covers are really a pain to remove and put back on. They do the trick with plenty of extra padding, but were a bit of a dissapointnent.

I like the look of the Fuzzyard ones, but as you said, I've seen them pretty flat soon (and not the easiest to wash either I believe).

I think Snooza might be the brand I should look at for high walls...