Introductions ...

persephone

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Boss is tough - very - with his dogs - makes me cringe sometimes - BUT he has a great team of workers, and it's funny at the end of a day when they come home ... the two boys get put back on their chain in the way they like - one being carried like a baby .. the other climbing on the Boss's shoulders from the back of the ute ..and being piggy-backed ...

The Boss is tough - very - with his dogs - makes me cringe sometimes - BUT he has a great team of workers, and it's funny at the end of a day when they come home ... the two boys get put back on their chain in the way they like - one being carried like a baby .. the other climbing on the Boss's shoulders from the back of the ute ..and being piggy-backed ...

Clearly it works for them :)

S M - it is so funny watching .. Indi is unclipped from the travel line ..and he won't jump out ..The Boss has to back up ..Indi clambers aboard , and off they go ..... Mr.Wiggles - well fighter as he is with other dogs ..he is an absolute sleaze/cuddle addict , and loves being nursed - not terribly pleasant , as what isn't pointy bone is rock hard muscle - the typical Drover's Dog ;)

Indi is so soft coated & curvy shaped ...

Not sure how I will manage this ..

Here's an idea what my "speshal" boy is up against . While he hears well - the locator doesn't work accurately a lot of the timeIt can be troublesome ..and will probably take a lot of work to use signs now ,instead of sound ... the worry is calling him away from danger!!

In this case, I waited til he looked at me, then started making sounds ....

12190008_10153288064539007_773403170586230811_n.jpg?oh=deb5850716f516bc2630eaa4f9aacd4a&oe=56BAAE0B&__gda__=1454711131_365229df9d0ec3d82df202fca5f9447d

Edited by persephone

Sight , of course is not 100% .. responds well to movement at a distance ..but can also hunt ants etc close up :) His right eye was not quite normal when it opened , but has improved a lot!

It makes me sad ..if he has his back turned ..and is walking away when I call - the ears prick up ..and he bolts ......... directly away from me :( ..then gets lost & confused.

he does not misinterpret sounds - knows food wrapping /kibble in jug /a whistle/his name /a car door ..knows exactly what each represents ...

he is a good advertisement for the double merle gene :(

Speshul dogs are actually not too bad to have about, and they do learn to cope properly in their own way and their own time... trust me, I've got one too!

I'm a bit in love with Pudden though... he looks like he's going to be a big floppy doofus dog when he finally grows up.

Smoke and Don will teach him the right things to do when Mum calls soon enough...

What does Trouble think of the little ones?

T.

Perse, I follow a Facebook page for a double merle Aussie Shepherd in the U.S., the page is Keller the Double merle. She is deaf and has limited vision but lives a great life and her owner does a lot of work promoting awareness of the double merle gene, and living with and training a deaf dog. Might be worth a look...

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/Kellerthedm/?fref=nf