Not Sure If I Should Be Happy Or Peeved...

Scottsmum

Maddie kills birds in the yard, even if I was out there with her I would have no chance of stopping her as she can cover the whole yard in a few strides. I saw her snap a Mynah bird mid flight out of a tree once, she has zero recall but even if she did I wouldn't have a chance of getting a word out.

I wouldn't feel too bad, she is a Greyhound :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maddie kills birds in the yard, even if I was out there with her I would have no chance of stopping her as she can cover the whole yard in a few strides. I saw her snap a Mynah bird mid flight out of a tree once, she has zero recall but even if she did I wouldn't have a chance of getting a word out.

I wouldn't feel too bad, she is a Greyhound :)

I hate her killing things, those doves are her specialty as they are not real quick on take off, but she is very sly and cunning and incredibly fast.

Luckily Stan isn't that interested, if a bird bumped into him while he was asleep on the lawn he might have a swipe but he's that clumsy he'd probably miss it anyway.

The border collies just want to make things move and then make them stop. They don't seem to bothered about killing them, good ole modified prey drive. Sadly little furry things tend to die of fright. I keep them inside after dark to prevent possum deaths.

I swear the magpies play with Amber though.

The border collies just want to make things move and then make them stop. They don't seem to bothered about killing them, good ole modified prey drive. Sadly little furry things tend to die of fright. I keep them inside after dark to prevent possum deaths.

I swear the magpies play with Amber though.

I think this lori might have been injured - at least down for the count. We have mynas, Kookas and Maggies who happily come and go and help themselves to his bowl - and he doesn't usually bat an eyelid. The baby maggies also play in the yard a lot - and they're noisy. "Our" maggies are so tame they know how to use the cat flap and often help themselves to cat food in the kitchen- little shits....I will add - this is NOT encouraged!

Anyhow... all of this makes me think this one might have hit a window and been shocked or was down and unable to get away from him & was making enough squeak to be attractive.