trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Week 11?

I was good this week - a return to the park with Scottie after just not making it there while I was on placement. I grabbed the camera, checked the battery - I thought it was low - hurrah! Full bars of battery. Toddled off to the park. So much has changed in 3 weeks. Get there - battery dead. Hrm. So I took some snaps on my phone but they don't do it justice. Then today, in usual fashion, I forgot to take my camera to "obedience" & we went for a really lovely walk. So regardless, you all get a phone snap this week.

TLDR: I am crap at remembering my camera.

25897734955_c2e0c5ddd5_b.jpgWindfarm-new by Superspanger, on Flickr

I like it! Don't let anybody say you don't put yourself in danger to get the shot. That seems really close! lol

I was standing less than a meter from the tracks.

We went for this walk... I followed her up and all of a sudden we were on the tracks and I said "Oh - I thought this track was active" and she said "Yeh - it is"...

the look on my face must have said it all. We went straight back down.

I agree, very powerful image Snook, I can feel the despair :( I hope you found the process of creating the image cathartic. :grouphug:

I'm a little behind again. Here is another panning image I took a couple of weeks ago. I was on my way out somewhere and noticed the pinks in the sky so quickly grabbed my camera and went for a slight detour to the beach. By the time I got there the ight was failing and I didn't have my tripod so a quick pan was called for :)

10/52

25860729561_5e4f5886da_c.jpgIMG_3976a by Tee Kay, on Flickr

And this was one I took this weekend. I went out hoping to capture the cruise ship that was in at Mooloolaba but just as I got to the car park it started to rain. I didn't want to get my camera wet so I had to settle for a shot taken from the car park quickly before the rain really started to come down. The light was beautiful though. It was actually raining when I took this shot so it was a bit hurried but I'm still pleased with how it turned out.

11/52

25835003382_2afa1498cc_c.jpgIMG_4043 by Tee Kay, on Flickr

Gorgeous kittens, denali, they will be a lot of fun soon!

Roova, so much detail in those feathers.... incredible!

gapvic, I think I met Marvellous trying to get out of a bucket of water last week.... needless to say I rescued her and set her loose amongst the casuarinas :D

Snook, I don't know what to say, that is a very powerful image, quite confronting somehow? And teekay, that last capture of the beach looks like an oil painting!

I am catching up here :o

10/52

25322766084_51d8cda59e_c.jpg

It's My Bone on Flickr

11/52

25326807653_87af9b1198_c.jpg

Solstice Sunrise on Flickr

Teekay, I love that photo so much, it's incredible. Do you have a website for your work?

Trifeta, those streams of orange clouds are just breathtaking!

Edited to say.. Don't worry about replying Teekay, I managed to do the obvious and google the name on your photos lol

Edited by Roova

Teekay, I love that photo so much, it's incredible. Do you have a website for your work?

Trifeta, those streams of orange clouds are just breathtaking!

Edited to say.. Don't worry about replying Teekay, I managed to do the obvious and google the name on your photos lol

Thank you so much Roova, I'm glad you found my FB page, I need all the likes I can get :D I'm severely lacking in that department lol. I don't know how people get thousands of likes on their page I really don't :laugh: All likes and shares are very much appreciated :D Same goes for my Instagram account which is Teekay_photography if anyone wants to follow me on there.

ETA I just remembered my FB page is linked just below my siggie. I'd forgotten about that :laugh:

Edited by teekay

Thanks teekay. It felt good to have finally created something out of my idea. That panning shot is stunning. I really love your work.

I'm sorry you found the photo confronting, trifecta. It wasn't my intention to upset anyone. That's an incredible sunset you captured. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't upset..... and photography, well.... art in general, should be confronting at times :) It makes you think!

I'm very behind!!! Between moving and starting uni again the challenge skipped my mind a bit however where I live now is such a great place for taking photos so I'm sure I won't find it hard to go out and start taking more photos... maybe even some that aren't of the dog!

8/52

Didi reassuming guard dog position in the new house.

tumblr_o4e3t3fAIf1uao4k2o1_540.jpg

9/52

tumblr_o4c4djL0BO1uao4k2o2_1280.jpg

10/52

tumblr_o4c8mzzzoi1uao4k2o1_1280.jpg

11/52

tumblr_o4c4lgqkYv1uao4k2o3_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by dididog