52/2016

trifecta

Thanks for the lovely comments guys :)

Love the style of that house shot Snook, looks surreal. I've done the drive round and round looking for 'the shot' too. I feel ya :D

That's two years running I've missed the dog surfing thingy. It's not til you post a photo of it that I realise it's on. :( I'll bet it's a really fun day, albeit probably a bit crowded. Great pic of some gorgeous doggies.

Keeping on top of things so here's my entry. Stormy day on the weekend.

09/52

25478719821_5a5bb04b7b_c.jpgIMG_3910 by Tee Kay, on Flickr

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Week 10. Normal programming will resume late next week. Might even pack the boy up and go for a long day trip as we'll be home on our own.

Until then - another from the planned stockpile. One of our favourite walks. We love it here - it's damp and has lots of good smells and we can get down here at the start and finish (you walk a loop) and have a drink & quick paddle.

25573890715_186979c58e_c.jpg__10 by Superspanger, on Flickr

PS _ loving every single shot. They're all great and I'm really enjoying getting a wee peek into everyone's lives (in a non-stalker kind of way).

I didn't post any photos on the weekend because I'm not liking any photos I'm taking at the moment. If I don't post something I'll be a week behind so this is all I have. I think I need to push myself a little and just see what happens!

This is Pepe my Crimson Belly Conure probably checking out his reflection lol

image_zpstb25wg4q.jpeg

Edited by Roova

Good edit Snook, well done, that couldn't have been easy, not much to work with

Personally, I like it without the cars as I do find them distracting. The second edit is nice and uncluttered, nothing to draw your eye away from the main subject.

Edited because Roova posted while I was typing :D Lovely shot Roova, so sharp, great detail.

Edited by teekay

I didn't post any photos on the weekend because I'm not liking any photos I'm taking at the moment. If I don't post something I'll be a week behind so this is all I have. I think I need to push myself a little and just see what happens!
Roova, I can really relate to this, think I should try to lift my game!

However, I've had this in mind for some time and thought the Black Opal Meeting, Canberra's premier race day, would be ideal. However a violent storm the preceeding week meant I couldn't get as close to the fence as I would have liked as the spill way in front of it was full of water! So, I have had to crop it.... a lot. It's also really difficult with only one chance at the shot, had my camera set to shutter priority mode, but think I will try manual next time, as I think I could do better.

9/52

25537482021_234e50268b_c.jpg

Canberra Guineas on Flickr

Love that shot of Deniki, especially knowing the fun continued even after the camera came out lol.

Went for a walk to find an abandoned railway tunnel and on the way these three orange gums stood out. Sadly defaced with graffiti and I had the wrong lens to show how pretty they looked in a sea of spindly young eucalypt's, but regardless here they are!

image_zpsblw6ovyr.jpeg

Edited by Roova

wow what an amazing sunrise.

such a cute conure. parrots are such characters.

forest looks lovely. shame about the graffiti...though I can't say I have ever seen it on a tree before.

9/52

"Am I a rose?" she asked.

"You might be!" they replied.

25778099106_1318e6627a_c.jpg

10/52

Marvellous carefully placed some fallen petals around her neck, climbed a sturdy stem, and settled down to rosey activities.

25177551523_e5667b7c67_c.jpg

11/52

After a while she came to the conclusion that try as she might, Marvellous just didn't quite fit in. Where roses were beautiful and vain, she was plain and humble. She waved farewell to her charming friends and continued on her way.

25778097146_6cb9e6539d_c.jpg