Pets In Danger After Pet Sitter Becomes Incapacitated .

Tassie

Link

Pets in house without care after their pet sitter had a stroke and is unable to remember or communicate any details about where the pets are. Thought to be Summer Hill area of Sydney. Owners are apparently holidaying on the South Coast of NSW somewhere.

Saw it first on FB yesterday ... apparently still ongoing. Thought it was worth putting on here, just in case.

If I've had someone looking after pets .. or even hen they're boarded, I let my vets know the details, and authorise treatment if necessary .. give them names of carers and my mobile and location. Worth doing it seems. Hope these pets can be helped.

Link

Pets in house without care after their pet sitter had a stroke and is unable to remember or communicate any details about where the pets are. Thought to be Summer Hill area of Sydney. Owners are apparently holidaying on the South Coast of NSW somewhere.

Saw it first on FB yesterday ... apparently still ongoing. Thought it was worth putting on here, just in case.

If I've had someone looking after pets .. or even hen they're boarded, I let my vets know the details, and authorise treatment if necessary .. give them names of carers and my mobile and location. Worth doing it seems. Hope these pets can be helped.

One of the comments left in Daily Telegraph:

"David: Heard reports that he remembers Sloane St, across from Parramatta Rd near South Haberfield."

How awful.

I cannot understand why the sitter didn't have a back up plan in case of illness or emergency.

Once someone asked me to go in to see to their cats daily while they were away. I organised 2 friends as back up in case anything cropped up unexpectedly & I couldn't get there. Didn't end up doing it anyway but thought anyone doing this would have plan B.

Hope they find the poor pets soon.

How awful.

I cannot understand why the sitter didn't have a back up plan in case of illness or emergency.

Once someone asked me to go in to see to their cats daily while they were away. I organised 2 friends as back up in case anything cropped up unexpectedly & I couldn't get there. Didn't end up doing it anyway but thought anyone doing this would have plan B.

Hope they find the poor pets soon.

There might be a backup in place but the backup don't even know they're required.

The last time my neighbour had a pet sitter, I was the back up. I got to make sure they hadn't tipped their water over or anything.

I imagine that it's very likely that the pets are very close to where this guy lives. Unless he was a professional pet sitter. For me - it's always the neighbour's pets, and quite a few other neighbours know about it.

I'd be thinking where did he used to live? Did he have neighbours he was fond of back then and whose animals he liked to visit? I can imagine keeping up a relationship with people like this after moving (or maybe even after they moved if he has lived in the same place forever).

I know this doesn't help at all!

I think it's peculiar the sitter's name hasn't been released. Surely that could help in trying to track down the owners.

Maybe - but then maybe the family also wants or needs privacy?

Maybe but it makes the whole task rather more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...