Ruvalan Kennels

Ruvalan

Hi,

My grandad, westy Morris, was the owner of Ruvalan Kennels. He bred, hunted and showed many German short haired pointers with great success. I now compete horses under the name of Ruvalan Park. Grandad unfortunately passed away a year after I was born and Ruvalan kennels soon ceased to exist without him around to continue the name. Although I did have the pleasure of growing up with a few of the German short haired pointers.

I am looking for any German short haired pointer breeders who managed to buy one of his dogs back on the 70's-80's who may have a descendant from the Ruvalan line. I would love to meet them or if possible purchase a pup. It would be great to have a descendant from the Ruvalan lineage, living at the new Ruvalan park. And if the breeder is interested I have many many photos of the various dogs and championships he won with them.

*new to this forum so not sure if this is the right place to post.

Doing a quick search for the Ruvalan kennel name in the NZKC database I found one dog imported into NZ back in the 80's, a quick search through the progeny line found me some dogs born last year from those lines :)

Is there a specific website that I can search the kennel name? I did try the 'Google' thing and there are one or two breeders who had a Ruvalan name in the pedigree(a long time back). Think I will just have to call a few and start asking.

I am sure there would be people in the retrieving/field trial world who would remember your grandfather. The Vic GSP Club would be a good place to start <gspclubvic.net>

Thanks everyone! Monday I will make some phone calls. The WA breeder sounds very promising. I'll ask my nan about Ruvalan homer. I've seen pictures of most of the dogs and would be great to put a doggy face to the name!

The most wonderful resource in Victoria for this sort of research would be the Dogs Victoria Library. They have records of registrations etc going back years and years.

There is also the ANKC data base, available to members online but I'm not sure the information there will cover the years you are interested in.