Fur Loss And Red Skin?

We're seeing the vet tomorrow night anyway as Malcolm is due for his Addison's injection, but does anyone have any idea what is going on here? It's worsened over the course of the day (looks more red and raw). Photos are five hours apart.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

It looks like an abrasion - have you seen him rubbing or scratching it? I can't see any swelling or I might have said an allergic reaction to an insect bite or something.

I would keep it clean until the vet visit and keep an eye on him.

Acute allergic reaction! He's been bitten by an ant or a spider or something. He has Neocort cream which he's not impressed about.

*shakes head* how do you get bitten when you spend all day in bed. Mal, Mal, Mal.... :laugh:

:provoke: :laugh:

Jokes aside he does spend time outside... sunbathing and rampaging mostly. I can fully see him sticking his snoot where he shouldn't. He gets very annoyed by insects.

I will remember that :)

the only other time I've seen skin like that was for a bacterial infection.here's a pic stolen from the interwebz ..

Yikes! That looks nasty. :eek:

I must say that I'm thankful we are less likely to see snakes where we live because Malcolm would assuredly attack them. My childhood home backs onto bushland, and one day my Dad was shouting at Mal and I heard him rush outside making a screen door fly off its tracks in the process and I freaked out thinking that Malcolm must have been attacking a snake. Nope, he had been sprung four paws on a big coffee table and had taken off with an entire wheel of peppercorn cheese. :laugh:

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Acute allergic reaction! He's been bitten by an ant or a spider or something. He has Neocort cream which he's not impressed about.

*shakes head* how do you get bitten when you spend all day in bed. Mal, Mal, Mal.... :laugh:

:provoke: :laugh:

Jokes aside he does spend time outside... sunbathing and rampaging mostly. I can fully see him sticking his snoot where he shouldn't. He gets very annoyed by insects.

I know. I really am stirring.