Toy Poodle Puppy

Roseinwinter

3 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

#1860 is RPBA probationary only. So a new member. It's easy to look them up on the site. 

I'd give it a miss anyway. Sounds like you're looking for ANKC. Or at least with testing records. 

Mind my ignorance but what does probationary only mean in these terms?

1 minute ago, Roseinwinter said:

Mind my ignorance but what does probationary only mean in these terms?

This alternative registry - the website explains it well but;

- send an email

- get a vet reference

- promise to adhere to COE

- pay

Then they approve you. That's it from what I can see. 

No judgement on anyone who has gotten a dog from one of their members.

I just wouldn't do it ever. 

5 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

This alternative registry - the website explains it well but;

- send an email

- get a vet reference

- promise to adhere to COE

- pay

Then they approve you. That's it from what I can see. 

No judgement on anyone who has gotten a dog from one of their members.

I just wouldn't do it ever. 

Oh that doesn't sound very strict! Anyone could do that! Thanks for clarifying! 

Just for information, I am an ANKC registered breeder of toy poodles and would sell an apricot female for $5k in the current market. I DO NOT have any pups for sale.. Just saying. 

I strongly suggest you contact toy poodle breeders that you find listed here and ask to be considered when they next have a litter due. Surely you wouldn't pay $7,000 unless perhaps it was show quality and on mains.  

It is not so easy to buy a female at the moment, but just wait and check the listings on here daily and you will find one.

• Like 5

perhaps it may pay to wait until a fully registered poodle comes available, it seems you are having second thoughts with this breeder so well done you!

Check when the local dog shows are on and go and have a chat to the exhibitors (when they are not busy that is)

You can find the details here https://www.dogzonline.com.au/event-diary/list.asp?state=QLD

There is a show at Beenleigh on the 23rd if that's near you.

You will find that as it gets nearer to the show date this little symbol 607865126_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0607-00-20.png.48750815979148062ffb4497df168785.png will appear next to the listing, click on it and you can check how many Poodles will be there.

pick the shows that have these symbols next to them 1777224773_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0607-04-15.png.f03dc1ff01a35618683d147446dd1eb2.png

• Like 5