Trying to find a dog swimming pool in Adelaide - not needing hyrdrotherapy

As the title says, looking for a place to take the dog swimming besides the beach and rivers etc.   Even a dam where it is safe for dogs to swim?

Tried to contact the one at Edinburgh, couldn't get through via text or phone, so drove down there today, it was locked up and looked so dilapidated.  Eventually an old man came to the fence and I asked him about the pool, he said it was not working and they needed to get the pump fixed, but hoped to have it done in time for summer.   I won't be going back, the place looks like a dump.  :(

Would prefer the suburbs out towards Elizabeth, Gawler etc, but will travel for the right one.  Even tried to book a swim at the hydrotherapy pool, but they need your dogs medical records from your vet, then their vet needs to check the dog out, then you get to pay $45 for them to swim your dog.  :o

Edited by Animal House

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mind me asking whats wrong with the sea , or a local creek . will admit  dog i have now will not have a bar of it  , but all my previous dogs  have loved the dog beach and any creek or river  i took them too ,,, then again i live in a great spot for that ,  theres a creek  joins the river at the dog beach two minuites from me and 5 minuites drive theres where a river joins the beach  , and best of all non are heavilly populated with dogs or people

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2022 at 1:54 PM, coneye said:

Don't mind me asking whats wrong with the sea , or a local creek . will admit  dog i have now will not have a bar of it  , but all my previous dogs  have loved the dog beach and any creek or river  i took them too ,,, then again i live in a great spot for that ,  theres a creek  joins the river at the dog beach two minuites from me and 5 minuites drive theres where a river joins the beach  , and best of all non are heavilly populated with dogs or people

It's an hours drive to the beach, so that makes it a long trip on a hot day just to have a swim.  Haven't found any local creeks that are running enough/big enough for the dog to swim in, and there's always the snake risk if you have to walk through long grass to get to anything that might have enough water.  :laugh:

I'll check out Farmstay places Powerlegs, and try to find local Greyhound group to see if they have anything.
I've asked our local dog park group for any advice, and they just say the beach, so not much help there.

• 1 year later...

Have you tried asking a community page on FB? I discovered a swimming spot for dogs and another for dogs and humans within 10 mins of where I live after someone asked the question. I had no idea both spots even existed. I'm in QLD so no point telling you about them.