Man Fighting For Life After Mauling by Multiple Dogs in QLD Home

Deeds

Yes Amazeti, one dog on its own can do aggressive behaviour to that level but its rare compared to behaviour to that level by humans.

Its easy enough to look up details of fatalities involving dogs for several countries. Tragically, often there were warning signs before the behaviour escalated, but not in every case.

You will never stop this sort of thing  from happenning , just too many variables and reasons why it does and does not happen , , most people like the idea there dog is a protector , sfter all thats why they buy that certain dog , but by the same rule most are suprised if not horrified that there dog will go that extra 100 yards . its too complex an issue ,

especielly when were talking about a metre reader walking on too a property  that may or may not have had notice there coming too ,,

Very sad very tragic , but however these dogs must be destroyed there is no room in society for dogs that go that extra mile  , regardless ,   Ok this time the owners may get off   but what if the circumstances were different and these dogs dug an hole under the fence , and decided the  guy coming home from work  across the road was lunch.

I don't care what any of these so called experts say , the facts are some breeds not all but some are bred and  programmed for this sort of thing and   given the right switches it comes out time and time again  maybee its time to ban those breeds  ,  ok they may be needed in some parts of cape town , Port Moresby , or Johanasberg  , but not in Aust ,

But then again where do you stop

Personally not an argument i would be willing to get into

Edited by coneye

Yes one dog can do a lot of damage but I think in this case it took two dogs. Had it been just one dog I think there’s a chance it wouldn’t have been so severe. Hence why I don’t think anyone should have more than one breed of dog that is capable of that power and the breed has a history of aggression. Not sure about making that law as it’s so complicated, but I just think people should really think twice about why they’d want multiple dogs who can do that. 

Fact is it shouldn’t have happened. There was signage yes, but in the past they still went in as they expected them behind another gate, they had put the dogs on the warning list to meter readers to make sure that they knew when they were coming, but meter readers don’t always come when they say they will. The people didn’t lock the gate or put them behind the other gate when they went out, yet you aren’t allowed to lock the front gate says council. It shouldn’t have happened and it took several miscommunications to create this perfect storm that ended in absolute tragedy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coneye said:

You will never stop this sort of thing  from happenning , just too many variables and reasons why it does and does not happen , , most people like the idea there dog is a protector , sfter all thats why they buy that certain dog , but by the same rule most are suprised if not horrified that there dog will go that extra 100 yards . its too complex an issue ,

especielly when were talking about a metre reader walking on too a property  that may or may not have had notice there coming too ,,

Very sad very tragic , but however these dogs must be destroyed there is no room in society for dogs that go that extra mile  , regardless ,   Ok this time the owners may get off   but what if the circumstances were different and these dogs dug an hole under the fence , and decided the  guy coming home from work  across the road was lunch.

I don't care what any of these so called experts say , the facts are some breeds not all but some are bred and  programmed for this sort of thing and   given the right switches it comes out time and time again  maybee its time to ban those breeds  ,  ok they may be needed in some parts of cape town , Port Moresby , or Johanasberg  , but not in Aust ,

But then again where do you stop

Personally not an argument i would be willing to get into

very true, try to ban the most efficient at "their job" and we all know what happened, their owners turn on those who tried to implement it.

think there were comparisons made of the death rates annually before and after the most "efficient" breeds at "doing their job"  arriving here. The reason BSL was drafted in the first place.

so many believe this man "brought it on himself" by going through that gate.   Ok I would never have gone through that gate, but really, losing his life for  being stupid should not be acceptable on any level?

really?, in the nanny state we now live in we are being strangled by laws constantly being drafted to "protect" .   gee they are now so efficient to "protect" our animals PETA went public in 2020 they "expect the extinction of the domestic dog and cat within this generation"?  Turned out the speaker meant the lifetime of the  dogs and cats born then. not the human population. so within 20 years everyone will be safe from any but the wild forms anyway.

the last legislation to have all bitches banned from having more than two litters didnt get through the latest draft, but the males are not allowed to be bred from after they reach 7 is still in the present draft waiting to be passed.

The agenda is still on track

Edited by asal

11 hours ago, Amazetl said:

The people didn’t lock the gate or put them behind the other gate when they went out, yet you aren’t allowed to lock the front gate says council. It shouldn’t have happened and it took several miscommunications to create this perfect storm that ended in absolute tragedy. 

Is that a council law up there ,, i've never heard of it , if it is its the most idiotic law i've ever heard ,  whats the reasoning behind it , surely it cannot be safety  of any sort , otherwise why allow multi storey buildings without a slide  from the backdoor , . If thats correct  you could argue all responsibility for dogs , lays at the councils feet when this happens

I have no doubt that in some type of future world not too far away that there will be basically no dogs. There might be some ‘illegal’ ones here and there though. 

There are more and more people in comments (elsewhere) that seem to want to ban all dogs. So many people seem to hate them. Why are they getting such a bad name? Dogs are like the best thing ever in my mind. And there are so many misconceptions on them, the breeding of them and everything else. It’s a shame these people don’t get to have good experiences with them because of those who misrepresent and don’t contain or control their dogs etc. 

1 hour ago, coneye said:

Is that a council law up there ,, i've never heard of it , if it is its the most idiotic law i've ever heard ,  whats the reasoning behind it , surely it cannot be safety  of any sort , otherwise why allow multi storey buildings without a slide  from the backdoor , . If thats correct  you could argue all responsibility for dogs , lays at the councils feet when this happens

I haven’t read the law myself but have heard from people who have locked their front gate (with dogs in it) and they get a letter from council saying they must keep it unlocked at all times so that meter readers can get in. 

There are ways around having someone come to read the meter.

Jemena Gas (gas wholesaler) have an app where you take a picture of the meter and enter the reading. Person in the office verifies it and no-one has to come to your place. I’ve changed gas retailers and the app works like a charm. 

Electricity retailers offered a few years ago to upgrade the meter for free to a fancy new “phone home” meter. It automatically updates the readings every day over wireless (?) and no-one comes to your place unless it malfunctions.

All this doesn’t help the poor guy though. 

• Like 1