Dog Attack in Broken Hill Leaves 2 Women Seriously Injured ABC News 26/4/23

Deeds

A long time ago, I used to be a morning runner and I was always very careful when I saw dogs (long before I had any in my life).   One day when I was out, I saw a Golden Retriever lying on the footpath and so I stopped running and walked by at a casual pace.  To my surprise, just as I passed him, he jumped up and bit my leg behind my knee.  I think he got a bit of a surprise too because he obviously didn't mean business.  However, my leg in that area was all colours of the rainbow for weeks afterwards.  

I can't even begin to think what these people who have been "seriously injured" look and feel like.  The pain must be horrific and the fear when it is happening would be unimaginable.   :eek:  :eek:

• Sad 1

"Detective Inspector Aylett said there was only one dog involved in the incident and wanted to assure residents there were no violent strays running around the city.

"That dog wasn't a stray dog, it was known to the occupants of that house," he said."

Is this supposed to make people feel safe?  No violent strays, just violent 'known' dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, sandgrubber said:

"Detective Inspector Aylett said there was only one dog involved in the incident and wanted to assure residents there were no violent strays running around the city.

"That dog wasn't a stray dog, it was known to the occupants of that house," he said."

Is this supposed to make people feel safe?  No violent strays, just violent 'known' dogs.

This statement made me scratch my head as well.