Update: 12 Puppies Stolen One Still Missing

Deeds

6 hours ago, Deeds said:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/missing-puppy-12-stolen-queensland-crime-police/a8ca2988-4089-4749-8a6d-8856e53440e8

It's a blue fawn Staffy.  I'm not a Staffy expert but I've never heard of or seen a blue fawn one.  Blue Staffies yes but not blue fawn.

It’s possible, I think. Blue fawn would be the blue dilute of black and tan. The wording of the American Staffordshire Terrier standard says “all white, more than 80% white, black and tan, and liver not to be encouraged.” The wording for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier standard says “Black and tan or liver colour highly undesirable.” I read that as implying that the recessive alleles for tan markings occur in both breeds.

I’m more curious about the place from which the puppies were stolen. The news report says puppy pen, which doesn’t really tell us anything. Was it at puppy day-care, a pet-shop, a puppy mill or…?

• Like 1

8-9 weeks old and various breeds/mixes... most likely some sort of seller arrangement or pet shop offsite. Could be completely legal reason, like out of hours care site of pups from a pet shop, as you can't leave them in store outside business hours as far as I'm aware.

T.

Blue fawn is a fawn with an overlay of blue. Occurs in Greyhounds. It's like a dirty or dusky fawn. Of course the colour may not be described properly for the stolen pup. Hopefully it is found soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rebanne said:

Blue fawn is a fawn with an overlay of blue. Occurs in Greyhounds. It's like a dirty or dusky fawn. Of course the colour may not be described properly for the stolen pup. Hopefully it is found soon.

Blue and blue fawn/sable has been a very common colour in English staffies for decades.  also very common in chihuahua's. as is chocolate and chocolate fawn/sable. If its only fawn the blue hasn't much to show up on aside from the blue nose and eye riims with lighter eyes and ruby pupil's, if it has sable ticking then all the hair tips will be blue with the fawn underneath as blue can only dilute black skin and hair. Same with the chocolate gene, black dog becomes chocolate, fawn only nose and eye rims is chocolate, sable ticked the tips are chocolate instead of black. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DogsAndTheMob said:

It’s possible, I think. Blue fawn would be the blue dilute of black and tan. The wording of the American Staffordshire Terrier standard says “all white, more than 80% white, black and tan, and liver not to be encouraged.” The wording for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier standard says “Black and tan or liver colour highly undesirable.” I read that as implying that the recessive alleles for tan markings occur in both breeds.

I’m more curious about the place from which the puppies were stolen. The news report says puppy pen, which doesn’t really tell us anything. Was it at puppy day-care, a pet-shop, a puppy mill or…?

there is no mention the missing staffie pup was an amstaff,  two different breeds.

blue is quite common in english staffies always has been.

Actually the puppy in the photos is a brindle so a blue brindle would be quite easy to see the blue.

"Red, fawn, white, black or blue, or any one of these colours with white. Any shade of brindle or any shade of brindle with white. Black and tan or liver colour highly undesirable."

Edited by asal