Warning After Snake Seen Drinking From Public Dog Bowl

Deeds

Might be worth noting that this actually happens every year... snakes start to get out and about at this time of year, and the warmer weather will have them thirsty and looking for readily available water sources.

The advice to keep your yards tidy and grass short is good... and I'd go one step further by setting drinking stations (for wildlife) at the far reaches of yards to keep the snakes as far away from the house and inhabitants as possible. They don't really want to be near us, but they need to find water when the usual drinking holes may have dried up in the heat.

T.

• Like 3

Killed a  big brownie on my houseboat last year , probably a good 6 foot , went out on the back and there it was sunning itself on the swim deck , thing is both engines were going at the time ,  noise did'nt scare it off and neither did i   walked towards it stamping  my feet it went for me , so a big shovel fixed it , but be warned there quick and i mean very quick ... lucky the dog did'nt go outside ansd see it , Murray river is full of them , i see plenty every year , but non this agressive

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, DogsAndTheMob said:

This is a useful resource if you’re looking for snake IDs or other information about snakes:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1842921039241229/?ref=share

I follow this facebook group - also an Excellent resource !
SNAKE IDENTIFICATION AUSTRALIA - a public group , so can be seen by anyone. It has so many posts about dogs killing snakes... :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1