Bondi Is Finally Putting On Some Weight!

Thats right Brigantia, there are a LOT of satin ball recipes, this one is great because it rely's on fat more than carbs to put on weight - which is a lot more natural for dogs and leads to a healthier weight gain... I guess you could compare it to a diet high in sugar to a diet high in whole grain cereals for people, you can acheive weight gain both ways, but one is certainly a lot healthier than the other!

I also like the ingredients, as opposed to grains, which have nothing in them that is good for dogs (with the exeption of a moderated amount of oats, oats can be good in moderation :D ) it has peanut butter and cream, both very high energy and both with their share of "good" things in them too :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
So now what do I do with a DOZEN Egg Whites!!!!

I had the exact same problem when I made up a batch of this recipe a fortnight ago. Still haven't solved it, they are frozen at the moment. I posted for suggestons in the off topic section and got some good recipe suggestions which I will try as soon as I get some of the ingredients. Otherwise I might just scramble 3 or 4 of them at a time for another of my dogs who could do with a heftier breakfast sometimes.

I can report that my scrawny chihuahua has put on a whopping 150 grams and has now got a nice covering over his ribs and he no longer has a bony bottom. He looks great and he loves the satin balls. He just needs another 50 to 100grams and he'll be good. I had tried all sorts of thngs before this recipe and could not gt the weight on him despite his eating everything on his plate. I will be keeping a batch of these frozen from now on.

I am now contemplating making up sufficient quantity to fatten up my ridgeback cross who never stops running. I shudder to think how many eggwhites will be leftover after a batch that big.

Jo

Is it ok to feed a large breed puppy satin balls for a week as a catch up? My 5 month old bulldog is a skinny minni.

I'm about to change her diet (I got great advice on another thread about her diet), but just came across this thread and thought it may help get meat on her bones faster :laugh:

Edited by princessbella

• 6 months later...

Wow....I've just made these balls. I was skeptical, thinking "no way will this fussy Std Poo eat anything with peanut butter & wheatgerm"

OMG :) My girls loved them.......now I am just hoping we don't get an explosive cahnge @ the other end :wave: Not sure how much I can feed her them.

My stomach still feels queazy from making them :eek: I think I used to much peanut buttter :o , so I had to add more w.germ to make them less.......ercky!

i made up a batch for ella the bull mastiff girl here. you could see her spine and all ribs, now you cant see her spine she has more covering her ribs but stilla little visable. .. satin balls rock, they love it.