Bondi Is Finally Putting On Some Weight!

I have been feeding Bondi satin balls for 4 days now and I can already see (and feel) a huge improvement in her weight. Her hips dont stick out as much, her spine isnt as visable (and you can only see two "links" of it) and her ribs have some fat cover and I cant see them as much! Befor she didn't have any fat cover, now I can actually feel it :laugh: And its only been four days!! (however Ive just about ran out of my first bach of the stuff) :clap:

remember dont over do it ,what looks like weight gain this week could turn into the runs next week so do it in small quantaties,weight gain is a slow & easy process,many people get overly excited & increase the amount & it all comes out the otherend

Good to hear you're having success. I've also had success with putting weight on my skinny pooches.

I have put a stable weight on my Whippet by doubling the amount he eats each day - I thought what I was giving him was plenty (600g per day) for a dog his size, but it seems he just burns the energy, now I've doubled it he's looking great. I also feed him Eagle Pack Power formula which has helped a great deal. For the Boxer pup, I just give him 3 meals of 600g - 800g portions per day, one of them with Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy formula, it's amazing how much they will eat.

As for the Papillon, I find it hard keeping the weight off him! He only gets 100g once a day LOL :(

Must be that time of the year for skinny dogs to put on weight :o

My whippet bitch India was always skinny but with in the last couple of months has gained weight and for once is looking decent!!! All I did was switch the brand of dry food.. From Bosch to Pro Plan Performance.. What a difference it has made she no longer fusses around with her food. Except today she preferred to sit by the heater then eat :(

remember dont over do it ,what looks like weight gain this week could turn into the runs next week so do it in small quantaties,weight gain is a slow & easy process,many people get overly excited & increase the amount & it all comes out the otherend

I don't think I'm giving her too much, this stuff has actually stopped the runs (she used to get PAL :( ) I'm not going to increase the amount shes getting, just keep it stead. Maybe also another factor of why she is putting on weight is that she is being feed twice aday :o

• 3 weeks later...

She now weighs 26 KG and looks GREAT! I've also started her on Eagle Pack. I think her weight is pretty much perfect at the moment (I don't want her to get too chunky ;) ) maybe she should put on another KG or so, but I'm really happy with the condition shes in now :cry:

Hey thats great to hear! I'll be so happy when Merlin is that age when he can just put on weight and stay like that, at the moment he goes through stages where he'll eat 2kg a day and really bulk out, then he'll stop eating, maybe eat a chicken frame or two a day and just shoot up inches practically over night! But not weight, he does the bulk out, shoot up thing and his bulk turns into hight and sometimes despite getting bigger he actually looses weight.

Eagle Pack is a great food, how do you like it?

What do you mix it with? When my guys get kibble (which isn't often) I mix it with a mix of blended offal with pet mince (which I buy from the butchers, it is basically chicken frames through a mincer so has the correct calcium/phosphorus etc), and add some yoghurt, fish oil, brewers yeast, kelp and sometimes an egg or something, my guys love it and it's nice and healthy :cry:

Here's a recipe I got from GreatDanz:

1 lb ground beef

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese

1 jar all natural peanut butter

1 jar (smaller of the sizes) wheat germ

1 doz egg yolks

1 cup or so of flaked oats soaked in heavy cream

Mix up, form balls, freeze, feed as treats or food supplement.

It's the best satin ball recipe I've seen to date :cry:

Oh, I might have to make up a batch! My girl (smooth collie) is going through the gangles. She seems happy and healthy enough - just lean! She gets the one feed a day and Id prefer to keep it that way. She does get training treats through the day though.

Do people tend to feed these satin balls as treats, or as the main meal or what?

I mix the biscuits up with tuna and fish or mince.

I don't feed satin balls as a treat as I don't make em into balls, I just mix all the stuff up, put it in a container and then in the fridge and scoop out what I need.

Well I've never actually fed satin balls before, all the mixes I've come across before have all been so grain filled and unhealthy I would never have even thought to feed them to any of my dogs, but this one looks a lot better, I think I'll make some up to feed during shows when the dogs otherwise aren't very hungry but need to keep their weight on if they're going to do any good!

I made some Satin Balls of sorts and doggy didnt want them. Really gluggy and tacky :( So I zapped the mixture in the microwave for about 15 mins so it was like a softish meatloaf type consistency and she ate a couple bits of that as a late night snack. I will see how she goes tonight with eating it as her main meal :mad She is really not into "experiments" that we ourselves dont eat :)

I dont feed her in the mornings, just in the evening. But I find often she wont eat dry food for her meal but if I leave it in the bowl she will clean it up overnight.

I dont feed her in the mornings, just in the evening. But I find often she wont eat dry food for her meal but if I leave it in the bowl she will clean it up overnight.

My guys are the same! If they are looking a little skinny I just put some food in their crate with them at night and it's gone in the morning :D