The Least Expensive Super Premium Food

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeding Bishop-11-week lab on Pedigree Puppy biscuits (only breakfast though) and he gets chicken necks for lunch, and rice/pasta+chicken mince for dinner. The breeder was using Pedigree Puppy so I've continued on with it.

I must say I don't really know if his poos are good or bad ....??? They are not runny, but they are soft (like baby's poo :D ) and just ... kinda normal?? I've been trying to pick them up regularly so there are no unpleasant surprises, but I find they are easier to pick up when they have gone hard in a couple of days!

When you talk about nice poos, and firm and they turn white ... etc .... is this to be expected of in pups too?

I was feeding mine Supercoat due to budget constraints. One of my girls (a labrador!) is a fussy eater :mad . I've switched to Bonnie and she's eating better now. I use dried food as a staple and mix in veggies, fresh meat, egg, any suitable leftovers and of course bones. I did notice on that on Supercoat there were a lot more poos to pick up :( The slightly overweight one still gets a bit of Supercoat, light and mature.

Edited by Katey

I have been feeding my two oldest on Supercoat Active and they have lost a noticeable amount of weight. They look skinny next to their relations. They need to gain weight. I have doubled the amount but it hasn't made any difference. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help them gain weight fast but keep them in top condition?

I am going to change to Bonnie Working Dog and give that a try.

I have been feeding my two youngest ones on Eukanuba but they need different ones because one is a medium breed puppy and the other is a large breed puppy. I am thinking of changing the medium one to Bonnie Puppy.