The Least Expensive Super Premium Food

im looking for another premium food that doesnt cost 100bucks a bag does anyone know of any that i dont know about ..these are the ones i know and i reckon are to expensive Royal canin,Eukanuba,Science Diet is there any other ones at around 60 bucks a bag i think eagle pack was 60 bucks a 15kg bag not long ago but theyve gone up to 90 any info would be helpfull...thanks

Edited by DobermanDave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hate to say it, but when you're getting dog food you (generally) get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend much on food then you'll get inferior quality. If you feed BARF then at least you can shop around for specials?

Try OPTIMUM I buy it from the vet( I happen to live in the back of beyond) about $70.00 when I bring it back from the coast I pay $60.00. It is a premium food and you can buy the smaller bags from Woolies. Try one of those 1st to see how it goes. I find Optimum and Euk do the same weight wise and coat wise. My friend has a dobe fed on optimum and he is great,

yeah EUKANUBA is an exellent food stand poodle fan but its still a bit expensive especially now that i got two dogs and isaviz i think im gonna try optimum the guy at the dog food shop actually said its not far behind the more expensive foods

Okay the only cheaper brand food we have feed & would feed is Bonnie working dog,its 15kgs for about $30,we use it it through the kennels as it suits so many dogs,keeps good condition & doesnt affect there tummies,so maybe give that one a try

Thats the thing about foods optimiun gave our dogs the runs,they lost alot of weight & condition ,supercoat a lost cause hills i cant feed due to an ingredient that could be an issue with my breed.Royal canine is now available through a stockist here in WA but for the price we found there was no difference in the dogs compared to eukanuba,i guess where lucky through our business we can get the breeders bag eukanuba 20kg for $75,Bonnie we have found works well with the kennels but they changed an ingredient in the bonnie performance so we no longer use it as it affected the dogs

Bonnie gives my dogs the runs too!

i have tried all of them too... i stay with supercoat puppy for the adults and sometimes box 1 gold (greyhound formula) i get it from the local stockfeeds and they sell supercoat puppy $35.00 18KG BAG

box 1 gold (greyhound formula)$33.00 18kg bag

may not be the most popular on the forums but keeps my dogs in exellent shape!

post-22-1122378688.jpg

Other thing you could try is calling around some pet supplies and Vet clinics- see if they have a customer rewards or VIP club.

We have one at my clinic, that is available to all our regular Hills buyers- buy 6 bags and get the 7th free, this is an ongoing promo, so overall it reduces the bag prices, as you're getting every 7th for nothing.

Mel.

I had to give my Hills puppy away and here it cost 138.00 to buy, they refuse to eat showcoat. Royal Canine is about 130.00 here but my cats luv it.

At the moment I am paying 82.95 for euk as the vet has it on special.

Doberdave if you can find a pal rep that is where you will get optimum cheaper. My friend also feeds her shepherds optimum as she lives on the coast and it is cheaper there, read the ingredients and like any dry food introduce slowly.

cheers wendy