24 Hours

Teebs

This time tomorrow my 14 year old Staffy wont be with us anymore, he cant breathe very well, he falls over and cant get up, he cant eat, he is cold all the time.

We made the choice to let him go.... I feel so quilty, What if he has more time left?? I was so sure this was the right thing to do, then i made the appointment and it all feels so wrong :thumbsup:

I remember when he was a puppy, he was such a sook! All he wanted to do was snuggle up and get a pat.

Even now, snowing outside, he will get up and walk over just to say hello, is it right to let him go when he can still make the effort to see us? But on the other hand how can he be happy being in so much pain all the time?

Tell me I am doing the right thing.... Tell me he will thank me for it.... :laugh: ;) :rofl::rofl: ;)

Oh honey. You are doing the right thing for this dear old boy, and he will be greatful for your kind release :thumbsup: A candle burns throughout the night for you wonderful companion...

Much love

Kyles

Edited by feher

:thumbsup: hold him, cuddle him and spoil him rotten tonight, kiss the top of his velvety head and know that you are releasing him, better one day to early that one day to late. my heart aches for you, having had to make that decision so many times over many years.

When his time comes, hold him while he gets his wings, talk to him and remember all your years together. Dont go alone, have someone who understands go with you.

when they are this frail, they go very quickly. Its the most unselfish and strong way you can repay his loving loyalty.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow too. :laugh: damn I wish their lives weren't so short.

fifi

my heart breaks for you..This is indeed the high price paid for sharing our lives with these most wonderfull souls..but it is also the greatest gift we cangive them..release from earthly sufferings.

I am rushing off now to light a candle in his honour.

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Just a few months ago I had to make a similar decision to let my darling girl go. She had nothing ahead of her but suffering, and it was the last gift I could give her. :thumbsup:

Thinking of you.....Fido.

Typing this through tears. :thumbsup:

You are doing the right thing for your loyal and loving friend. Soon he will know no pain, only endless green pastures to run over and play with all those gone before him to Rainbow Bridge.

Thinking of you.

Claire

Terrorbull, I really feel for you. These decisions are never easy. I think you are making the right decision. If he is in so much pain, it would be cruel to let him continue on like that. As hard as it is to let go, it's the best thing for him and for you because it must be so hard to see him like that. Just remember al the good times and know he will forever be in your heart.

Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day.

My thoughts are with you.

Thanks again - I am heading over to mums at 11 to spend the day with him. Might take him for a drive.

I dont want to be upset in front of him - i want him to think everything is ok

going to be a hard day

Aweee honeyyyyyy :mad

You know in your heart, when you stare into those big old brown eyes, he's telling you in his own way "Mummy, please make it stop, I'm tired and it's time".

The greatest act of love of all is always the hardest and most heartbreaking when it comes to our fur kids. May God (or whoever the higher being is) give you the strength and the courage to hold those tears until your boy closes his eyes for the last time. He will be surrounded by love, kiss the top of his gorgeous head for all of us.

You will be in my thoughts all day and my heart is aching for you :eek:

Love

Riles

I guess many of us have been there and know how hard it is.......we too, had to do the same with our 14yr old ACD.

It's hard, bl**dy hard but you are definitely doing the right thing for him.

My thoughts are with you today! :eek::mad