Hydrobath Question

4 Paws

Hi ,i have a single tank hydrobath and generally use the fido's free-itch or herbal rinse in it.What i'm wondering is how many dogs do you wash per fill.I do my 2 german shepherds out of the one tank.One gets a little smeller than the other so i wash the smelly one last.

When i was looking for a hydrobath i visited a groomer and as the water was still in the tank i said 'so you empty it out after each dog right" and she said "no,usually wash about 3 or 4 dogs out of the one tank" :eek:

Surely that's not good with skin diseases ,passing it around.Must have been cause it was part of a vets and maybe they were hoping they'd come back for treatment.

thanks

Julie

When I was grooming I always emptied the bath after each family of dogs came ie if some one came with 2 dogs I would use the same washing water for them but because I have an autofill hydrobath they would always have clean rinsing water.

At home I wash my 4 with the same washing water but always clean rinsing water.

For routine bathing, if you own the dogs and they are not too dirty I think it's fine to bath both dogs in the same water. As long as they're rinsed in clean water I can't see a problem.

However if you're bathing for a show I think fresh water for each dog is a must.

I have owned a single and now have a twin tub. With my own dogs I do two per fill, with other peoples dogs I always change the water. If there are two dogs in the one family and they are not particularly dirty I let the owners make the decision.

I use numerous types of shampoo and most have to be rinsed out, hence the twin tank carries fresh water.

With fidos you dont have to wash it out, but if you have a flea problem then they will get into the sump.

The bath is always hosed out between washes, if I have a dog with fleas then I will clean it out with Hydroabth surface cleaner and pump sanitiser and at the end of each day I clean it out with sanitiser.

From what I understand the nurses at the clinics hate doing the bathing so I guess its just that they cant be bothered to change the water.

Let your imagination run wild

One! I have always, and will only ever do one dog each wash. For clients dogs, and my own. The bath is disinfected after each wash for clients dogs and my own.

I know what it's like to be the youngest one and get the dirty bath water :eek: I wouldnt ever inflict that on another living creature :D

I only have a single tank so empty after each wash. I refill for the rinse or just use a bucket with clean water to rinse. I only wash my own dogs in mine so I just hose it out when finished with both. I didn't even know you get Hydrobath Surface Cleaner and Pump Sanitiser.

Cheers,

Corine

I am on tank water here, and only have a single tank (about 22L) and generally get to bath two border collies in there ok. Of course if one is cleaner than the other, I will bath that one first.

I generally use the fidos free itch concentrate, followed up with some conditioner mixed in water in a spray bottle after I blow dry.

I have a single tank hydrobath (hooked up to hot and cold water) I wash first dog with shampoo, empty tank, refill with clean water and rinse first dog. I then wash second dog withshampoo and first dogs rinse water, empty bath,refill and rinse second dog in clean water. I have two dogs and my parents have two dogs as well so I just repeat this procedure. I would use clean wash and rinse water if any of the dogs had skin problems etc.

Am going through Aristopet, Conmurra, and Deeway labs catalogues and its must be too early in the am, as I cant see the Hydrobath Pump Sanitiser or Surface cleaners listed (I brought mine in from N.Z.).

The sanitiser I use has a nice Eucalyptus smell to it.

I use about a cap full in one tank, pump for a few minutes, and then pump clean water through until the pump runs clear water.

If I was paying someone to wash my dog, then I would EXPECT clean water for each dog!

I have a single tank and can wash the 5 in the one water, like Isaviz, I only use Fidos free itch and the dogs are not dirty, so I get the whole lot done in the one tank of water and we only have rain water, nothing else

If they are dirty, I have bought some wonderful horse shampoo and conditioner in-one and 40ml to a tank does them all, they are then rinsed off under the tap and all are shiny :eek:

But definetly, I expect to get what I pay for and I do not pay for babies to have a a dirty bath.

Dru, I was a middle child, but we never had two kids to the bath water, we either all jumped in together as tots, or we had individual showers ;) but have stayed with relies, who had small elect water heaters and they did expect to give me the SECOND bath each time *yuk*

When we bought our house, we made sure we had continous gas and all visitors get a nice clean wash with a power rose spray (hate those water wise roses with a passion) SORRY OT :D

we wash our dogs weekly but only with a flea and tick rinse so sometimes we use the same water for two dogs but only if they aren't really dirty. Most of the time they get clean water for each dog.

If I was paying to have my dog washed I would expect the water to be changed after each dogs and disinfected between each dog.

I find a number of dog washes in my local area change the water after about 4 or 5 dogs - I would never use them and certain discourage people from using them... wonder what diseases get pasted along....

For a professional groomer? MOST DEFINITELY only one dog per wash. IMHO it is VERY important to maintain hygiene and not cross contaminate dogs - even dogs from the same family.

I also use one dog per wash for my own dogs. They just don't get as clean as I would like otherwise and again, even though they live together, I would prefer not to cross contaminate them either.

Only one per wash only, even in the same family. Mostly so they are as clean as possible AND especially if you are paying for it. Heavens above I couldn't even imagine what excuse they could come up with to explain that to a customer. Agh!

We also never use in water flea rinses as this is very harmful to the enviroment. We always use a topical application treatment.

Cheers

I do dog washing and fresh water is always used for each dog - So only one wash per tank.

It suprises me how many people use the one tank for several dogs though. I often get clients - espeically ones with two dogs ask me what Im doing after I finish one dog. I tell them that Im changing the water and most go "oh, our last dog washer never did that..."

I also disinfect between clients.

I only wash clients dogs how I'd want mine washed

Edited by wagsalot

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any1 can give me an estimate on how much u should pay to have some1 come to my home & wash my dog......I've never done this b4.... just so I have a rough idea on the cost....I would want them to give a flea rense as well.....also a price with or without nail clipping.....

Cheers

Marlene.......

Hi staffy-lover1,before i got the hydrobath i was using hydrodog.They used to charge $25 for 1 dog or if you had more it became $20 per dog.That includes a wash,rinse,dry,cologne spray and nails clipped.

When you want your dogs washed every few weeks ( as i do) it does become quite expensive.I ended up buying a 2nd hand hydrobath in the trading post for $380 + $100 for a courier to deliver it to Dubbo and than $380 for a dryer(new off ebay)so they have really paid for themselves in 12 months.

I think it should be only 1 dog per wash and disinfected after each even with same family dogs. My 2 dogs Lucy is a Golden Retriever and Jemma is a Cocker Spaniel X. They always get done with seperate wash water. Lucy has a skin condition and needs special shampoo for her skin but Jemma's skin is fine and doesn't need it. I don't want Lucy's water to be passed onto Jemma.

Wouldn't mind getting myself a hydrobath for the girls. Having troubles finding a single tank one for cheap. Can't afford a brand new one.

Edited by Lucyroxmyworld