K9 Force Handlers Workshop

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of venues do you require?

If we hooked up with a local dog club, who have fenced off areas, a clubhouse and the like, would that work? Or a showground, perhaps? A farmer's paddock, even?

I reckon there are enough of us here to make it happen.

When you travel interstate, do you stay with DOLers or does the workshop fee cover your accommodation as well?

So many questions ...

M:

What sort of venues do you require?

K9: something of size is great, like half a football oval, it must be reserved for us...

If we hooked up with a local dog club, who have fenced off areas, a clubhouse and the like, would that work?

K9: yes done that plenty...

Or a showground, perhaps? A farmer's paddock, even?

K9: those are fine too....

When you travel interstate, do you stay with DOLers or does the workshop fee cover your accommodation as well?

K9: The price of the workshop includes everything...

Hi there,

Just thought I would pop in to let folks know that because of the workshop and work with Dreyfus on his nightmarish pulling on lead....... I've been able to work with him more without having my shoulder destroyed and he has now been adopted into a wonderful family who will continue his training.

I could get him to focus, sit, shake hands and occasionally drop (all once he had run off some energy in the paddock here) but I had difficulty walking him on lead due to the pulling you would have seen.

After the workshop on Saturday, I took him for several short walks on Sunday and had a family with a young bub come to meet him in the afternoon.

The difference was astounding! He was obviously excited about meeting new people (as you would have seen, he has a glorious temperament) but it was SO easy to calm him down.

His new family understand the need for consistancy and dedication to continuing his training as he is still very much a puppy head but could easily see his potential to be an outstanding and very well behaved pooch!

Thank you to Steve for doing the workshop and for allowing a few of my guys to benefit from your expertise.

Thanks too to Sas, Winterpaws and Gillbear for taking them with you.

Jodi is doing well on lead consistantly now and whilst her barking is still an issue, I'm working on solving that.

Jefferson has a great need to be in a home environment. His issues with other dogs would have been seen by others. Honestly, he isn't like that all the time. :cry: He is a good boy and he is very bright and will learn quickly that his approach to meeting other dogs doesn't need to be that way. (he has never been attacked here by the others he hangs out (2 adult males). He attacked Oscar when he got home on Saturday afternoon, and again a bit later that evening but after the 3rd attempt at re-introducing them, he was perfectly fine, went into a playbow and they happily played again.... and they have been perfectly fine together again since.

Anyway, thanks again. ;)

C:

The difference was astounding! He was obviously excited about meeting new people (as you would have seen, he has a glorious temperament) but it was SO easy to calm him down.

K9: He came to the workshop & everyone didnt want to be lumbered with him, :cry: I said in the opening comments that he would be the dog I would want to train, he was the most trainable dog there....

I didnt train him either, you have someone else to thank for that! ;)

;)

Hi again everyone !!!!

Well I had a great day on Saturday, I learnt alot (thanks again Steve) and also had alot of fun with my fellow DOLers. Gee how unusual for me to have fun!!! :cry::(:( It was great to meet so many new people (not new to DOL just new to me face to face).

Thank you so much to my wonderful partner Alibear... yet again you made my day. I always have such fun when your around (and can you admit now that Beans loved me more ??? :rofl: )

Jodi (Beans) was a wonderful, happy puppy and a pleasure to work with.

Anyway, I too was amazed at the transformation of the dogs and the handlers by the afternoon. I was very worried in the morning thinking that I'd be the only one not to be able to get the dog to work for me but I had no need to worry.

Thanks Steve for a fantastic day, I learned more than I ever imagined I would. I have been trying the techniques with my munchkins and they are looking to me beautifully now. I can't wait for the next workshop.

Thank you so much to my wonderful partner Alibear... yet again you made my day. I always have such fun when your around (and can you admit now that Beans loved me more ??? :( )

Jodi (Beans) was a wonderful, happy puppy and a pleasure to work with.

Alright alright........She loved you more......she loved Cindy more.......she seemed to love everyone more :cry: She just put the "A.D.D" act on for me! :rofl:

Clearly I have a long way to go to get control of other peoples dogs, but hey, at least I try! ;) (That just made me think of when you were at school and there was always that loser that was still running when a race was finished minutes ago and everyone said, "well at least he/she is trying" - tell me that isn't me! :(:rofl: )

Ab:

(That just made me think of when you were at school and there was always that loser that was still running when a race was finished minutes ago and everyone said, "well at least he/she is trying" - tell me that isn't me!

K9: it isnt you.... lol..

Remember your personal goal is to handle & train your own dog, & many will tell you how well you have done with Bear....

M:

if anyone ever wants to see any evidence of what dogs worked for whom I have it on video.........

K9: the people who own Yami would love to see a copy...

You could also load a clip or two of some of the dogs somewhere, people would really like to see it...

the people who own Yami would love to see a copy...

No problem whatsoever ( in exchange for some of her photos ;) )

You could also load a clip or two of some of the dogs somewhere, people would really like to see it...

I would if I could, but Im video camera operationally impared so dont know how to. Happy to lend the tape for someone to do it.

The clips I take to put on youtube are from a photo camera....

Hey Alibear don't be so hard on yourself! Maybe you just brought out the "Kelpie" component in the dog's personality?? :(

Clearly I have a long way to go to get control of other peoples dogs, but hey, at least I try! ;) (That just made me think of when you were at school and there was always that loser that was still running when a race was finished minutes ago and everyone said, "well at least he/she is trying" - tell me that isn't me! :cry::( )