Matted Spoodles

I think you should all charge them more when their dogs come in matted ..... perhaps next time they will make sure that the dog comes in in a better state!

i think its a good idea.. but then you get the even WORSE ones! the ones that decide that because they had to pay more, they will come EVEN LESS. yes it does happen. these poor dogs end up waiting a year for a haircut. :thumbsup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get some disgustingly matted oodle dogs come into the kennels where I work. And the owners expect them to be in perfect condition when they come to pick them up - I dont get paid to groom but still spend hours doing it!

Poocow there is no way i would be grooming them for free.

With our kennels dogs are expected to come in clean & in good coat condition if not they sign that the dogs coat is so bad it needs to be groomed at set price or the dog leaves the same free,all they achieve is a free groom & some will board the dog for a few days as it works out cheaper

Yeah but I do it for the dogs not the owners.

And they get a stern talking to. It honestly annoys me so much that people prattle on how good their "breed" is yet don't take care of them properly.

Hopefully won't be as bad over summer as we ask owners to clip their dogs prior to coming in - so much easier on the dogs to not being carrying around a hot heavy coat.

Personally I think the curly look makes the dog appear unkempt. :/

I think so too...

As I posted on the other page, "maybe some who have curly coated pure breeds might like to respond if the curly coat look makes their dogs appear unkept."

And as I also posted, "Every dog that has a coat requires appropriate coat care, oodles are no exception neither are pure breeds, and it's up to the owners to provide it either themselves or by referring their dogs to a suitable groomer."