Lure Coursing & Lure Racing - Victoria.

A comined racing and coursing day will be held ay KCC Park, Westernport Hwy, Skye on Saturday 5th August 2006.

The Lure Racing & Earth Dog Club have combined with the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Vic to hold this day.

This will be an ideal day for those who have not experienced these activities before.

The day is aimed at showing the thrills of coursing and racing to previously untried dogs. Our usual participants are most welcome but they will need to be patient while we focus on the newcomers.

Racing is for the small dogs and coursing for both large & small dogs of any breed or mixed breed.

The day will commence at 10.00am with half an hour of lure racing followed by half an hour of coursing and so on until 2.00pm.

The BBQ will be cooking snags ($1.50 each) with cold drinks also for sale ($1.50 each).

What do you need - strong collar and lead (not a correction collar), water bowl (bringing your own water will save a walk to the tap), stake or crate to secure your dog when they are not running (unless you are prepared to hang on to them).

Cost will be $5-00 per dog for each activity which allows for as many runs as you can get.

For further information check out the websites:

Lure racing: http://lureracing.customer.netspace.net.au

Ridgeback club: http://www.rrcv.org.au

Edited by BARTESS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rexy once they get into the spirit of it and watch other dogs run round like loonies very few will not get into it :rofl:

Skoota and Mina will definately be there! See if Skoot can beat his previous record hehehe

We will definetely be there, is a whippet too big for lure racing?

They may well be too tall for the start box - but I am sure (having spoken with the JRTRC club people previously) if there are other 'taller' dogs they will have some separate taller dog races.

A comined racing and coursing day will be held ay KCC Park, Westernport Hwy, Skye on Saturday 5th August 2006. ...

We'll miss out again - bummer.

Same day as the Albury-Wodonga Flyball Competition.

Can't do everything: hope we all have good weather.

be a bit dangerous with a lead trailing behind them I would have thought. The dogs run the lure coarsing individually unless you want to pair up with someone else but you dont have to. Both mine run by themselves and have an absolute ball!!!

We'll be bleary eyed from dropping the OH at the airport at 6:30 am but enough coffee and liver treats in us and we'll be A OK ... just have to remember to give the right thing to the right creature :D

Bartess I'll put up the photos of the Bordeaux running as soon as I get the photos :thumbsup:

Greyhounds are allowed. There are a few running.

If the area is still fully enclosed do they still have to be on a lead? (just a general question)

Well I won't be telling on them... :thumbsup:

Bring the grys, they'll have a ball! :D

Nekbhet - so you eat liver treats??? *blerk* LOL

The way I go before my daily caffeine shot ...

I'd probably make my way through half a bag before realising that the dogs have polished off my Gloria Jeans :D

But hey, they keep my coat shiny and I learned a new trick this week too :thumbsup::rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Nekhbet

BUMP!!

I'll be there with Indi, who might be grouchy as she's due to come into season, but I'll chuck her in the car if she's naughty - hopefully she'll be too busy watching that plastic bag!!

Oh and I will be taking a million photos with my new camera :rolleyes:

I found a great idea for deprived lure coursing dogs. Go to a produce pet store, or one in the outer suburbs that sell stuff for horses. You can buy this nylon horse whip thingi. What you do is tie a plastic bag on the end, and fling it around my dogs go ape over it. The thing is about 15 feet long. I got a nice purple one.