Sunsceen For Dogs

I am curious too! My Greyhound Blaze has a pink spot on her muzzle and her paws are also very lightly coloured. I dont really want to keep her inside all the time while I am at work. She has been living outside during the day for the last 7 months that I have had her, and I know that she loves to sunbake!

Thanks so much everybody.

They are the same items that I found although there was one other that I couldn't find a supplier for. So I think I will stock the Plush Puppy Sunshade spray, Filtabac for noses and ears and the Sun Stop.

My dogs noses and many of our customers have been looking for something with summer coming. Hopefully no more sunburn!!!

Cheers

Leigh K

Edited by The DIY Dog Wash

Since I only need to use it on a bit of my Border Collie's nose, and since I have a memory like a sieve, I like to use white zinc cream - it lasts a long time, and you can see when you need to redo it.

No good for show dogs though - the nose does not stay nice and white! :laugh:

ET fix typo.

Edited by Tassie

I also use human zink cream on my pink nosed Smithfield. He gets lots of laughs in summer sporting a color nose, he does lick some of it off but I just keep applying it. A lot cheaper than other "doggy" products.

Cheers Netti

I also use human zink cream on my pink nosed Smithfield. He gets lots of laughs in summer sporting a color nose, he does lick some of it off but I just keep applying it. A lot cheaper than other "doggy" products.

Cheers Netti

Hmmmmmm, I've also been on the lookout for some sunscreen for my Bully girl, and also thought about using the human zinc,

but when I rang my vets to enquire about it, was told not to use it as the ingrediants in it are'nt too good for your doggy as they lick it off,

I will look into it further though :confused:

I like the sound of the spray on one.

Yes - my vet said the same about using zinc cream on a cat, since they're compulsive groomers. On my dog's nose - on the muzzle above the leather, it's fine, and he shows no inclination to lick it off - but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't risk using it anywhere the dog was likely to be licking it off.

A friend of mine (yes i have friends) used human zinc on their dogs red nose (red pigment not sunburn) and it seemed the zinc actually took the color out of the red making it go pink and even more susceptible to sunburn, so watch out for the zinc. Aside from that I do use human zinc on my horses pink nose and lips works well and stays on all day.