Waking Up Early

kazzakanary

Some dogs are like kids and NEVER sleep in. She may sleep for longer as she gains more control over her bladder, but then again, she might not too! :rofl:

The 4 month old Stafford puppy that manages me now sleeps all night. She generally goes to bed when the loungeroom light goes off and doesn't stir until 5.45 - 6am, depending upon how hard she has played the day before.

I'd rather she wakes me then though because it is much better that she does her first morning business outside.

That said, I'll be VERY glad when my custodial duties end and she goes to live with Dumb and Dumber across the highway (DH and his grumpy old Stafford) and then I can reclaim my sleep!

Later bedtime? :offtopic:

One thing to try if you're not already, is a crate. :rofl: I put my dogs to bed in their crates at night and then they don't "wake up" until I open the crates in the mornings. Mind you, I wake up pretty early and go to bed early - still a nine hour overnight is not unknown :rofl:

Unfortunately a puppy IS a baby :rofl: Bladder control is still an issue with a pup so maybe your little one is being good and letting you know when he/she needs to go outside?

It comes with time :rofl:

Except for those days when I get up really early (4:45 *shudder*) Kaos wakes up around 6:30 and whinges to get up, including weekends. The only time he sleeps later is if we all go to bed really late. The other dogs will stay quietly in their crate until I let them up regardless of time. So I guess it comes with age and time.

When we first got our pup he was up at 5am every morning!!!

After a few weeks he learnt to sleep in and now WE wake him up at 6.30am during the week. He gets up for a pat and cuddle then goes back to sleep until about 9am. What a life!!

I do take him for a 2 hr walk late afternoon so it tires him out

Some days mine are horendous, the pups aren't too bad, but I get up at about 2.30-3am for a toilet stop each night. Then they sleep in untill we are ready to get up.

The older dogs change with the seasons, Benson is so bad that come summer, he is getting up at 4.45 too, some days I could kill him :laugh:

Ours can get outside to go to the toilet so that's not why they wake us up - they know that in summer it means morning walk time and in winter it means morning play time! If they wake us up early enough they can get a good two hours play with us in before we leave for work!

Haven't yet managed to teach them about weekends yet . . .!

One thing to try if you're not already, is a crate. :laugh: I put my dogs to bed in their crates at night and then they don't "wake up" until I open the crates in the mornings. Mind you, I wake up pretty early and go to bed early - still a nine hour overnight is not unknown :rofl:

:rofl: exactly the same at my place :rofl:

I've had babies as young as 8-10 weeks sleep all night in their crate like this.

They go to bed around 10-10.30pm and get up when I get up at about 7am week days and even up to 8am weekends.

Atlas will wake me up if he has to goto the loo, usually around 5am (the reason i am awake so early now!!)

he will then go into bed and sleep till i get up (doesnt matter what time !!)

Kaos will get up about 5ish as well... and that is it. She now usually goes into the lounge room and pulls ALL her toy sout of the toybox and makes a mess, but atleast i get to sleep:

Mine mainly get up so early because i usually wake up at 5am to goto work, but they havent learnt that when i am not working they are allowed to sleep in!!

Ours sleep in their crates and Eddie wakes up every day about 7am no matter what

You are SO lucky. Coda wakes up every night around 3:00 ish for a loo break. If I am lucky he will go back to sleep until around 4:30. Then he carries on until he is let out of his crate.

Our first puppy (crate trained) would wake up really early (anytime from 4.30 onwards, depending on the time of year). She "taught" our new boy to wake up just as early, until we bought a trailer and now they sleep until I decide it's time to get up.

I had the same thing with my puppy staffy, I used to lie on the banana lounge outside while she played. We have come to an arrangement now. I let her out for a wee at 8.30 then she comes back to bed and we can sleep till 11 or 12 if i have done a night shift. I reakon she forces me to sleep in. All that snuggling and cute little staffy snoring. She is 10months now.

A