Groomers Fave Breeds 2 Wash

just wondering if many groomers have fave breeds they like to wash or clip more than others.....i have individual fave dogs but the breed i like doin the most is probably german shepards...they just come up so fluffy and wonderful wen washed...oh and staffys come up sooooo shiney!!!!!and i like clipping cocker spaniels only cos all the ones i have done so far have been so nice and friendly EVEN first time clips!!! :p :eek: ;)

I love doing poodles with good texture coats as you can get such a beautiful plush finish - several of my customers have glamourous trims - hand scissoring (sigh)

My "pet" hate is malt/poodle x whose owners request that you trim them like a poodle - yuk! Flat topknots and really pink faces that are completely the wrong shape - nothing glamourous about that. :p

A few of my favourite individual dogs include Sam the boxer, she loves being bathed and her whole body wiggles in excitement and Zoe Cav who is such a lovely old chook.

The dog that used to make my day was a little apricot poodle, I loved going to work knowing she was booked in that day.

As for breeds, of course I love doing the Shepherds :eek: and I love doing Samoyeds because you can make such a difference in their coat with a good soak and brush.

For clipping - Poodles of course! and those Shihtzus that have the most gorgeous hair on their faces that falls in such a way that you couldn't mess it up if you tried. :p

The one breed I don't like doing is Rotties, and there is a particular 'dumb' Gordon Setter that I just can't tolerate... she's gorgeous when I'm not doing her - sleeps on the edge of the bath, but by golly she is dumb.

Favourite washes are the long coated as they come up so well after being blow dried. ;)

Least favourite wash is a chinese crested or mexican hairless as the water spurts back at you because their is no coat. :p

Favourite clips any of the spaniels. :rofl:

Least favourite clips swf's which are badly matted :eek:

Edited by Hesapandabear

I like most poodles. That probably has a lot to do with them being more likely to get regular grooming.

I find golden retrievers very frustrating because all the ones around here can not stand for more than 5 seconds. They are all very heavy too

Hi, this is a bit off topic but can you pro groomers tell me the best way to look after my GSD's coat??

She is very good to bath as she loves the water however how often should i wash her and is there a way to stop all that fur falling out all over my lounge and bed!!! LOL :rofl:

Any help would be great, you can pm me if you don't want to clog up this thread with my silly posts. Sorry for hijacking your thread Sammy Ballerina!!!!! :D

Hi, this is a bit off topic but can you pro groomers tell me the best way to look after my GSD's coat??

She is very good to bath as she loves the water however how often should i wash her and is there a way to stop all that fur falling out all over my lounge and bed!!! LOL :rofl:

Any help would be great, you can pm me if you don't want to clog up this thread with my silly posts. Sorry for hijacking your thread Sammy Ballerina!!!!! :D

hey thats ok....no worries, i dont know much about gsd's only that all the ones i wash are really nice...the way they loose their coat is really annoying thou, in clumps, i'd just invest in a great brush and get as much out as u can!!!!some one else may be able to help u more...maybe post a topic with GSD in it then the GSD people will look and might have some good tips!!!!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

LOL or the ones with such short coats that they stay clean without washing (unless they roll in something horrid).

:rofl: you know the ones I mean :D

I washed 6 wash and wear dogs today, took the same amount of time to wash I SWF without a groom :rolleyes:

I am going to add this before I finish reading this thread, but I LOVE doing Rotties, they are the most layed back easy going dogs I have washed.

No compliants here, having said that I HATE doing Cockers

rotties :rofl::rofl::):rofl::love: all the ones i have washed so far have had very manly names like jake bruce and ben...they are three i wash all the time!!!

has anyone here washed a Maremma sheep dog and how much would u charge to wash and trim one??

havent washed one yet....but would probably charge about 35-40 for trim and wash depend what kind of trim you talking about,also would depend on how difficult the dog is!!!if they are easy to wash and groom i sometimes only charge the basic wash price which is 30....you will also find that where you live determines how much you will be chrged, im in newcastle so basically all washs excpet for the ones in the back of utes are charging around $30!!!