I Have Sooky Baby!

flycow

If she is only 11 weeks old and you have had her for a month then you would have gor her when she was 7 weeks. This is probably part of your problem. Pups shouldnt leave their mum and pups till at least 8 weeks. I also think things are too structured, let the pup be a pup. Take her for short walks, even if its just up and down the street.

The other thing is that I think she could be a little overwelmed by all the toys and activities you have. A pup only needs about 3 toys, if you have too many they get confused.

Anyway good luck with it.

No she's born on 5June, so by monday she'll be 13weeks. I got her when she's two days to nine weeks. I think my signature ticker is not too accurate.

I didn't notice the structured part until you mention it now, yes my bad, I haven't really let her just be a puppy. I'm too careful about this critical period that I just want to do everything right.

I'd be more relax now and bringing her out often from tomorrow onwards, going to a small park nearby to have a bit of sniffing. You guys' inputs have been a big help as usual. thx.

Edited by flycow

hmm that's an idea, thanks Benji's Mum...

although unfortunately I'm surrounded by untrained barking SWFs, I estimated there are at least seven around my house, maybe I'll try to look further a bit.

Hey Kristie, I live in the northwestern, right at the other end from you, I'd really love to but unless I have use of the car... I'm kinda bounded in my area for the moment, partner need the car regularly. Will your offer be kept open? :rofl:

Of course the offer will stay open :rofl:

I agree she isnt allowed to be a puppy.

My opinion over training & you say she is praised for being quiet & ignored when she shows personality.

I wouldnt say shes bored but more whining for attention other than the structured time she is given.

It sounds like you want a little adult now & thats what shes being moulded to,she isnt boring just not allowed to be a puppy.

Since she is so food motivated and you want to exercise her mind, you could try changing one of your training sessions from the usual sit drop blah blah and teach her to find it!

Allows you to bond with her as well as being rewarded for finding treats... as she learns the meaning of find it, you can start hiding treats for her around the house or outside so she is exercising her mind and using her senses. Start of small by putting a treat a meter or so away, and say, FIND IT when she finds it, praise her lots. Keep the sessions short as she seems the type of pup that gets bored quickly (i had one of these too) Also, don't forget that if food is her motivator, slightly cut back on food from her mealtimes...