Dog Hair In My Bra!

Midge

When clipping dogs I always end up with tiny bits of dog hair in my bra which drives me crazy as it itches and I can't seem to get it out even after lots of washing. I wear a long close weave protective shirt over my clothes when clipping but it isn't very effective.

Does anyone else have this problem.

Yep happens alot, but hangin on a clothesline doesnt help the fine prickly coarse type hair from wirey coat dogs.

Nothing worse than taking a bath and having to pluck your boobies neither. :rofl:

Now I just use an apron that is like a jacket type that wont let the hair get through your clothes.

Yep happens alot, but hangin on a clothesline doesnt help the fine prickly coarse type hair from wirey coat dogs.

Nothing worse than taking a bath and having to pluck your boobies neither. :rofl:

Now I just use an apron that is like a jacket type that wont let the hair get through your clothes.

Nope, never happened to me :D

Lol! I used to have this problem, there are a few things you can try. I have a sports crop top I wear at work and I fold it up so there is double protection! They are only used for work and they are thrown out and new ones bought when they get too hair infested!! But I also wear a grooming apron over the top and I dont find that hairs get in any more. You can also get disposable maternity breast pads that you can put in your bra's so if you deo get hairs in them at least they dont end up making you itchy! I had forgotten about this charming side effect of working in dog grooming. :rofl:

Edited by Akitagal

I used to have this problem with I first started grooming and now I don't - and I even wear lower, open shirts nowadays :D

It might have been my old clipping technique that forced hair down my top - but I can't think what that might have been. :rofl:

I have a special grooming work bra, it's from target and looks like satin, but clearly isn't.

I guess like others have said make sure you are wearing a good apron and try using breast feeding pads

Yeah the grooming aprons I have tried are killers in QLD summers.

I think the no bra thing is a no go...LOL...and I don't think it would stop the hair in the nipples issue.

Then there is also the issue of hot sweaty QLD summers and dog hair stuck to you...who would groom dogs...LOL

Cocker hair and poodle hair is the worst I reckon....and doesn't summer bring the cockers out of the wood work.

i wear a bikini top.

i still get the prickly bits on my boobs, but not so much because its just a triangle worth! and i find i dont have the itching from the strap at the back.

when i get home i shower straight away and rinse the bikini top off in the shower. i have about three and i rotate day by day which gives them time to dry. you could put them on the line every day to let the hair blow out too.

Cocker hair and poodle hair is the worst I reckon....and doesn't summer bring the cockers out of the wood work.

oh god tell me about it. ive been shaving at least one a day down to a #7 or #10! i *hate* cocker hair!! it sticks in everywhere!! and its so prickly!

oh god tell me about it. ive been shaving at least one a day down to a #7 or #10! i *hate* cocker hair!! it sticks in everywhere!! and its so prickly!

OMG Poodle hair prickly, try terrior hair, its wirey and it pricks.

Edited by Sivaro