Nutrience

Teebs

Ok

I use Supercoat. Why? Because my dogs dont fart, they are both healthy and happy. I know excatly how much to feed them so i dont have to mess around with food.

I was talking to a lady at a shop and she wont be stocking supercoat anymore, but told me about Nutrience (is that the brand you are talking about when you say Nutro?)

How good is it? How hard is it going to be for me to swap over (whats the best way - feed them the recommened amount and just make sure they dont put weight on or lose any? )

and most of all, what sort do i get?? She said there is 'normal' than there is holistic? Im sorry, i am just so dumb when it comes to food!

And is it WORTH it? I cant afford to spend lots of $$$$ on dog food.

thanks guys :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Piximatosis

Roight!

Nutrience and Nutro are two different brands. Nutrience (distributed by Hagen/Pet Pacific) is more widely available than Nutro (which is distributed by one single man over the whole of Australia :)).

It shouldn't be difficult at all to swap over, although you MAY find that you (or rather, your dogs) get loose stools if you do the switch in a wham-bam sort of manner :rofl: It's always best to switch gradually over a couple of days if you're adverse to sloppy poo or if your dogs are prone to being sensitive tummied (so many strange words in that paragraph).

You will probably find that you feed less Nutrience than you do Supercoat. My dogs always eat about 1/2 the recommended amounts on the bags... but that could be just them :)

What sort to get... Nutrience has a number of different varieties.

Original (blue bag) - not worth the effort IMO. It's a very basic formula without any of the herbs in it, and IMO the herbs is what makes Nutrience a decent brand.

Supreme (green bag) - chicken based formula + herbs

Derma (pink bag) - lamb/rice based formula + herbs

Holistic (black bag) - new duck based formula with brown rice, vegies, berries and herbs

If I'm feeding Nutrience I alternate between Supreme, Derma and Holistic so they get some variety :rofl: Pick whichever one takes your fancy. Derma is designed specifically for dogs with skin issues so if either of your guys are prone to them, try starting with that.

Yes, IMO it is worth switching from Supercoat to Nutrience. Ask the lady at the store for a "frequent buyers card"... Nutrience has one so you buy 10 bags (over however long it takes you) and then get a bag free.

That being said, keep in mind that retailers do make more money out of Nutrience than they do out of any other brand, so don't let yourself be pushed into it by the store :cheer: Compare the ingredients on a bag of Supercoat and a bag of Nutrience... compare feeding guidelines etc... and go from there :D

Thanks Pix :)

Atlas does have skin problems, as does dads bulldog (and i say, that being a bulldog, my brothers dog will be the same!)

The bulldogs are currently on Pal (i know.. dad thinks the dog smells because he is abulldog.. has nothing to do with what he is feeding him :) ) and i want to get them all onto something good.

I still have my bag of supercoat the DOLers gave me, i just started that, might go and get a small bag and mix it in and see how we go.

Can't add much more in regards to Nutrience then Pix has :thumbsup:

But...it is considered one of the premium/super premium foods so the prices do reflect that. If you wanted to stay at much the same price range as Supercoat, Bonnie and pedigree performance is pretty good stuff and at about the same level as Supercoat :D

Im going to give it a go - i like that there is one for skin problems, might save me a bit money wise with the vet bills i get with atlas from time to time!!

If not, i will look into the others

pedigree Pro makes kaos fart - tried it once, had to wear gas masks inside

:thumbsup: Well...quality wise you are going up a few steps if you go to Nutrience :D However i would suggest you get a small bag and see if your dogs like it. One of my two dogs wouldn't eat the puppy formula - he'd literally eat around it and leave it - luckily for me my older dog woofed finished it off for me :rofl:

My dogs currently get alternated between the Nutrience Holistic Duck and Eagle Pack Holistic Duck and Oatmeal. I started Duncan on the EP because of his Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) troubles but find he prefers the Nutrience. Prior to that I had to get Hills Z/D Ultra from the vet, at $88 a 6 kg bag it wasn't cheap either. Neither the EP or the Nutrience upsets his tummy so now I just alterbate between the 2 each day for a little variety. They also get meat, rice, past, or vegies so I don't feed huge anounts of dry. I tend to feed dry in the mornings and wet/dry in the evenings and it seems to work well.

I was lucky to get a 7kg bag of Nutrience at a dog show for only $25, way less than wholesale. The Use By date wasn't printed straight so I couldn't tell if it was over but it is fine, as I said both dogs seem to prefer it over the EP. The EP does have glucosamine in it which is a bonus as Duncan also has a dodgy leg from a puppy accident.

I was given lots of EP samples to trial by the distributors in Vic, might be worth trying the Nutrience distibutor for some samples too.

I used Supercoat when they were puppies, a lot of breeders use it because it's cheap. It's OK for it's price range but I will be sticking to the holistic stuff from now on.

Cheers,

Corine

Nutro is available in both QLD and NSW and more recently one outlet in Victoria.

You will find with Nurto that it is more expensive than supercoat or pal, but then it is a super premium food and you are not feeding nearly the quantity as it is quality no rubbish :thumbsup:

The Lamb and Rice is recommended for dogs with sensitive skins.

It does NOT cause farting. :D

i use nutrience and am really happy with it,, was using supercoat because thats what the breeder had remy on ,supercoat is good for the price ie as a supermarket food, and dogs did ok on it but any step up from that to a premium food has got to be better,,

I changed to nutrience and wow.. what a difference the coat the poos..lol the amount u feed etc.. as it is a super premium food,, the dogs took a little while to take to it,( over a week), as it has the herbs and extra good stuff in it.. but now they loveeee it, yes it costs more,, but u definatley do use less so works out just the same anyway IMO, and u get better results.. i couldnt rave enough about it..lol

i have compared the ingredients to eagle pack and it has almost the same ingredients .

How much (roughly) would you feed Remy a day? (a cup, 2 cups?)

up to 2 cups.. 1 in the morning and 1 at dinner then he gets RMB or chicken frames etc middle of day.. if he gets frames , he only has 1/2 a frame then i reduce the amount of nutrience also he has sardines or egg in night time meal as well.. then i reduce the amount of dry by a little then as well.. hes doing really well on it,, infact to well..lol have reduced the amount slightly.. due to little pot belly..lol . really have to get used to feeding only a small amount, rather than more as in supercoat..lol

forgot to add,, he is on medium puppy(yellow bag) and he is 5 and half months old

Edited by ReXy

I give my two the Nutro.

Barker has 160g morning and night and Mitchi has 90g morning and night. (came with a cup that has measurement so is VERY easy to measure. They also each get a little raw mnce and 1tbs f yoghurt.

Their coats are really glossy. Mitchis, for a jrt, is SO soft, not wiry at all.

Barkers is now heaps glossier.

We have 2 small pos a day instead of 5-8 for B and 2-3 for M. They are half the size of their poos on the old food.

I am thrilled with the Nutro. I won't be going back.

I have had them on it for about a month i think and i still have 7kg of a 15kg bag left and 1kg of a 2kg bg left cause i had to mix Mitches with the science diet cause i had heaps left.

About $120.00 for 2 months food. I am happy with that.

I also put my cats onto Nutro, i was that happy with the dogs food. the cats love it and their coats are lookng heaps beter. One had a really dry adn brittle coat, it isn't as bad now.

try Nutro..trust me, TrustMe.