What Gear Do You Have For Your Dogs?

KitKat

After finding i'm not the only one addicted to buying equipment for my dogs...i thought i'd find out what everyone else has? :D :rofl:

So list your fav place to buy from, your fav pieces of equipment etc etc :rofl:

I'll start... :thumbsup: My fav pieces would have to be the leather check/flat collars and the multi use leather lead :rofl: Got these from www.fordogtrainers.com

Collars-

2x leather check/flat collars,

4x fursaver checks of different lengths

5x checks of different lengths

1x prong collar

4x plain buckle nylon collars

2x padded buckle nylon collars

2x metal snap nylon collars

2x plastic snap nylon collars

2x martingale collars

Harnesses-

1x rogzdogs harness

1x leather agitation harness

2x nylon padded tracking/pulling harnesses

Leads-

1x long multi use leather lead

1x average length leather lead

1x leather snub lead

1x multi use rogzdogs lead

1x short short lead with heavy duty snap

1x short short nylon lead

1x extra long nylon lead (matches tracking harnesses)

2x Big Dog stretchy lead

1x Long line lunge line type nylon lead

1x Macleather lead

2x 6ft nylon lead

6x basic nylon leads

1x thick soft rope lead

3x show leads

1x fine nylon lead

Hmm...i think that's it...

ETA - 1x soft nylon muzzle, 1x metal and leather muzzle, 2x drizabone jackets - all having been collected in the last few years with a total of three dogs...lol And i'm not even going to start on my grooming stuff or toys!

Edited by KitKat

oh dear, this could be embarrassing. But i have collected it and used it over a few years on a few different dogs including customers dogs, not just my own.

But at the end of the day, i guess i am just an equipment junkie.

I dont have a favourite place to buy from.

My fav piece of equipment is my leather lead from Germany with the matching half check collar. Tailor made for my beloved Rotty who has now passed.

I have about 30 leads. About 10 of them are kept in the car.

Leather leads - thick and thin and adjustable

Nylon leads - thick and thin in many colours

chain lead

10m lunge lead

Light/heavy show leads

Medium sheepdog leads

Snub leads for agility

2 fancy leads i had for the afghan

a few fine puppy leads

Collars - i have way too many of them. I think i would be too embarrassed to say how many exactly.

I have normal collars made from leather (fav one is a prestige rolled leather one, oh and the weaver dear skin one my kelpie wears), nylon, plastic, webbing, one made from cow hide, a few sighthound collars many fancy ones.

8 check chains in various sizes (i dont use them on my dogs)

3 fur savers

3 prong collars

6 martingale collars

1 leather tracking harness

1 leather agitation harness

4 nylon harnesses

3 car harnesses

4 haltis

2 gentle leaders

6 different sized muzzles

8 dog coats

I think that is all for now.

OMG - that is heaps of gear KitKat! :rofl:

Jim is soooo not loved :D

My favourite thing for Jim is his car harness - we don't use it in the car anymore because I bought him a wagon, but he goes for walks on it and has it on during offlead play and at work so he's easy to hold on to.

Other than that he's only got:

Black dog limited slip collar x2 (because one is shoddy)

Black dog multi length lead X2 (because one fell apart and that's now his "tie to the clothes line bath lead)

Black dog flat collar

6m lunge lead

Halti

Little puppy collar with spikes

spikey collar

we don't use the stuff in brown anymore

all his gear is black :thumbsup:

Edited by Vehs

1 horse leather lunge lead

1 4ft leather lead

1 lab symbol lead

2 lab symbol collars

1 leather collar for lab

1 leather tracking harness (which anyone can have if they give me a good story. too bloody heavy)

1 preimer harness from pawmark.com (very nice)

1 premier easywalk (not used yet)

1 figure 8 harness from sarda workshop (very useful)

1 polyprop lead from sarda workshop (really nice)

4 lab sized dumbells

3 SD kits

1 set of Sd leathers for seek back

3 sets of white gloves

1 Halti for lab

Untold toys for lab

UD frame

buckets plus planks for jumps

broad jump set

box for jackpot

Poodle

4 leads

3 collars (including poodle one)

1 premier harness (really nice)

1 polyprop tracking lead from pawmark.com (really nice)

1 Halti

1 set of light weight jumps (on the way)

1 agility tunnel

5 dumbells

1 set of 20 UD metals

Untold toys

and she is only 7 months. don't worry she doesn't get to use the jumps yet.

OK, Im embarrassed now that my dogs arent spoilt ;)

I have 2 soft nylon webbing leads for training & trialling, 1 check chain, a flat padded nylon collar & matching lead (in bright purple, so you cant miss her :) these are new, cos her collar broke & hubby wanted a new lead to go with it) + combined soft nylon martingale & lead for Jonty. I also have a gold serpentine check chain & very fine nylon lead to go with it for showing (havent actually used it yet though). Apart from those we also have -:

1 dumbell (I've used it for all my GSDs, I guess I will have to buy a new one for Jonty, cos its just a tad too big :thumbsup: )

1 leather tracking harness (Im hoping its in the shed somewhere & that theres a lead to go with it still!)

Various toys for Jonty including a small rubber dumbell.

Crate & the new soft crate I got a couple of weeks ago (do they count? :D ).

Cant think of anything else - I used to have more stuff, but some of it (like a set of SD articles) got lost in a move. Jumps I have always just bodged up stuff & made my own jumps at home.

OMG you lot must be loaded :)

I have:

a few collars that don't get used

2 leather leashes care of K9 Force and the people who voted for Kovu :thumbsup:

1 harness

2 check chains

1 prong collar

2 nylon leads that wont get used anymore

dowling trainer for dumbell work

I think that's it.

I want more doggy stuff :D

All I need is a Sprenger check chain, a red dingo collar and a few leads from Crazy Clarkes for T bone.

For Poppy I have a couple of parachute silk slip leads for the showring, a couple of flat nylon slip leads for show training and a flat collar for any instance that requires it. I use the Sprenger check chain for walking her too.

Kirri has a PUPPIA dog harness for the car - it's soft neoprene and it's pink... all good for a hairless girly dog :) She gets walked on a nylon slip lead.

I will just add training gear :thumbsup:.

3 x Flyball harness's

1 x Ezy Dog bungee lead

2 x leather leads for obedience (Train on their flat collars)

1 x rolled leather collar that was for herding, but it has been hanging up for the past 10 months or so because we have not been :).

I think I'm more of a "toy and treat" junkie than an equipment junkie.... but I'm only a newbie owner, so give me time!

So far my favourite place to by from is "Black Dog". That said though, I have a really cool martingale/limited slip collar from K9 Force, and I'm thining about getting a second one - I replaced her original martingale collar since the adjustment kept slipping. I've been using K9 Force's for probably about a month and it hasn't budged :)

Stormy's stuff:

Flat nylon webbing collar with id tags - collar is "Weaver" brand

Martingale collar from K9 Force

"Strong" lead from Black Dog

Long lead from Black Dog - I'm not sure if I like this yet, as she keeps chewing the bit that keeps it together when it folds up :thumbsup:

Two "cheap" 6ft webbing leads from obedience club. Again, I'm not sure I like these as they don't feel strong or safe in my hand and they twist :D

Car harness, which I absolutely hate - it slips and slide everywhere on her, but I don't know anyone who makes them to fit "greyound shaped" dogs!

ID tags from "Pet Tag Embossing" (www.pettagembossing.com.au)

Whilst not "equipment" as such, I think her ID tags are pretty cool as they are embossed stainless steel, similar to military dog tags... except hers are bone shaped ;)

Oh, and I've been eyeing off the "leather leads" from K9 Force, just can't bring myself to spend that sort of money.... yet (meaning I've got to work on hubby)

Edited by squeak

Oh Lord, I cannot even waste the space here on the forum for all the stuff I have accumulated for the dogs over the years.

I love my British slip leads for agility (I think I have 5 different colours/lengths)

I love our agility equipment in our backyard (a-frame, teeter, dogwalk, jumps, tunnel, table, tire jump, weaves, etc)

I love the 25+ fluffy crate pads of various designs for the "kids"

But my most favourite things are our two East Coast Metal crates for transporting the dogs. Those are the most expensive items I have bought for them too. :)

I've been through a bit of trial and error with my dog so....

2x chokers (one was too long)

1x martingale

1x flat collar

2x harnesses

1x 1.5 meter lead

1x 6 meter lead

1x snub lead

1x Gentle leader

1x Halti

1x Halti training lead

Some of that has gone to a shelter now due to being the wrong size or completely useless (martingale and gentle leader) for him.

The Halti training lead is, withouth a doubt, the best thing I've ever purchased for him. It's extremely versatile and I highly recommend it for anyone. It can be used as a long lead (2 metres-ish), short lead, double ended and a big bonus is that it can be secured around your waist for hand frees training or jogging. Brilliant!

Edited by jaybeece

By far, my favourite pieces of equipment are my mutiple remote bumper/dummy throwers. Simply to die for!!!!

I like my dog car too, a Troup carrier, with permanent crates. The crate doors have a rope pulley system, which I access at the back. Very safe and comfortable for the dogs.

A good husband. Is he considered equipment? LOL.

For two dogs I have

Countless nylon flat collars, not really used

Each dog has a flat leather collar with a name tag

Rex has a show off beautifull leather collar with metal bits on it

4 leather leads

countless unused check chains

Snake gold chain for showing Divani

plated check and lead for showing Divani

tiny leather lead for "in case" catch for agility

another leather show lead

extendable lead

30m parachute rope

hmmm aprox 5-6 prong collars various sizes, designs, widths, types of realease etc

ecollar - definitelly my fav piece of equipement

leather check - never used

nylon martingale

leather martingale

3 kongs

orbee

crate

leather jacket for Divani, weatherbeta jacket for Rex

Hmmmm :laugh: * Alpha runs to the "supply cupboard" the check*

OK

4 flat leather collars: 2 working dog type with HD buckles currently on Gem and Lawson

2 correction chains

4 leads: 2 handmade leather ( one broken) one "y" lead for two dogs made from lunging lead, one light puppy lead

one Halti ( medium)

Jemma's handmade flat plaited leather collar made by a very good friend,( name embossed in the leather) worn only in the ring, it's our lucky collar :rolleyes:

various light lines,

box of clips( different weights and sizes)

one snub lead ( why I do not know)

tennis balls, special inside tug toys,

In the pockets of my Drizabone jacket: bag of treats, silent whilstle, light line, club ID card, special "been very very good" treats

Favourite: my decade old leather lead as it holds so many good memories and yet helps keep me grounded for the dreams to come true.

I'm just wondering if the equipment "junkies" here could help me find something, please? I'm after a leather treat bag/pouch. I have a small black dog one which I love, but the inside of it has been totally shredded by treats (we must be using some sharp ones?!).

I don't mind buying online, but I would prefer it to be an Australian store.